PDA

View Full Version : Claming back PP from personal loan.

L14MNP
31-07-09, 03:58 PM
Anyone had any luck with this? I had a loan for £5000 with Northern Rock that ended a couple of months ago but had been meaning to see if I was eligible to claim back the payment protection still.

I thought I may as well give it a go, and AFAIK you can still claim even though the loan is no longer active.

Anyone done the same? I'm about to look up a site called claim2gain.tv (iirc) it's saved in my phone. I really should send a letter to Llyods TSB about reclaiming undue charges too, as I have had a few of those lol.

Anyone got the link to the standardised reclaming bank charges letter?

Mike
31-07-09, 04:00 PM
If you agreed to Payment Protection then there is legally funk all you can do.

Its the biggest ever gripe in the entire lending market!!

L14MNP
31-07-09, 04:03 PM
Ah right dude, cheers. TBH it seemed worthwhile at the time but I then found out it's barely worth the paper it's written on.

I certainly wouldn't have it again that's for sure!

I'm about to do some reading up on the subject but I assume it's for people who claim they didn't realise they were paying for it? Surely all loans make it clear though, and it's only the naive people that get 'caught out'? I was hoping I may be able to say the same lol.

Cheers fella.

Jack
31-07-09, 04:15 PM
Most loans have it written into the T&Cs you sign up to that the payment protection goes on, you have to opt out of it.

Jeff16v
31-07-09, 04:59 PM
I got mine back from Alliance & Leicester, they sold me PP cover for a loan that I didn't bother to read the terms, when i checked the terms recently i realised is a death policy not un-employment one and claimed they sold me a death policy i didn't need as my employer give me three times my salary as death in service.

Got back a couple of hundred.