PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea for repeaters

Chris LR
22-02-03, 05:04 PM
As much as I like Standard cars, I don't like the orange side repeaters. This is my idea.

Using runners, a solenoid, spring(s) and original bulb holder I'd like to make a hidden repeater. Located inside the front wing.

Basically what would happen is when I flick the stalk, the solenoid pushes the bulb down (which will already be flashing) and holds it below the wheel arch. When the signal has been cancelled the solenoid will lose power and a spring will pull the bulb out of sight.

Does this sound like a good idea? Or does it involve too much work?

Chris

?Marty?
22-02-03, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry but you've gone mad mate.

It's too much work for the effect, and would only work if your car's not lowered and etc.

Just replace them with clear one's, or get rid of them altogether. Get led's flush-fitted into the mirrors or something instead.

Chris LR
22-02-03, 05:33 PM
Like I'm going to lower it!

I've only thought about it for 10 minutes.

djp_y2k
22-02-03, 06:38 PM
I must be having a realy wierd night, coz I cant picture anything anyone is describibg to nite.

Sounds different though.

Wiggie
22-02-03, 08:26 PM
lol, hhhmmm, nah. i admire your creativity though, although ....just to add to your idea, instead of a flashing light you could have like a flashing hazard dome, like used on lorrys etc. ...just an idea? wouls still end up looking like a 3'clock in the mornin idea. . . oh yeah they always end up the best.

Chris LR
22-02-03, 08:34 PM
I'll have you know this was a 3pm idea! I was busy not working at the time.

Wiggie
22-02-03, 08:39 PM
lol,that all i can think off to do normaly ...lack of concentration due to an idea stuck in my feking ed!

Chris LR
22-02-03, 08:50 PM
The idea to stop working came long before the idea of crazy repeaters

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 05:44 PM
orange neons that illuminate the front wheel arch!?!?!?

Chris LR
23-02-03, 06:58 PM
I'm looking for something hidden and legal. I'm sure my idea will work, but it's the job of fabricating the runners and mechanism. I'd also have to weld it onto the inside of the wing, which would mean taking it off.

In an ideal world I'd mount it in the middle on my wheel, under the centre cap, but thats not going to happen.

I think I'll stay standard.

Tazzy
23-02-03, 10:05 PM
lol, i reckon ya should give it a go to see if itll work!

Fester
23-02-03, 10:12 PM
lol if u look at vintage cars from the 30s youll find they had a similar principle where a small flag would drop out to the side when u indicated either way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: