PDA

View Full Version : power steering pump wiring

whitenovasaloon
30-07-09, 11:05 PM
just fitted a saxo electric power steering pump with a corsa rack but having trouble with the wiring.
Would like to know if possible how much current this draws, what ampage relay i will need, what sort of wire i will need and where to wire it from/to. also will it need a fuse?

Cheers

michael squeak
31-07-09, 01:46 AM
what are these like to install , and is it easy??

mike

AlexW
31-07-09, 11:03 AM
Your need to use thickish wire, try and get whatever size is on the plug on the saxo pump, Presuming you can see lol

It depends how you want to wire it up, Ive done it on my mates corsa using a switch on the dash, Not ideal but it ment it was easyer to wire in lol.

All electrical things should have a fuse lol

whitenovasaloon
31-07-09, 10:30 PM
AW06- thanks for the advice, was thinking of a switch on the dash. very easy to drive even without the pump so would spend lots of time driving without the pump switched on anyway.
michael - i found it hard to install, but this may be because i did it with the engine and box in the car. otherwise i think it would be quite an easy job. take a look at Craig Greens WIP, that is where i got most of my info from, very useful.

anyone got any ideas what sort of current this pump is going to be using? I have an event on sunday i would like it to be ready for if poss :thumb: