PDA

View Full Version : oh how i hate the dvla

buzbi
30-07-09, 07:11 PM
this month i got a £80 sorn fine + £31 charges for my long dead saxo, a £80 sorn fine + £23 for my nova and an £80 sorn fine + £28 for my megane!! never ever have i read or been told that the sorn runs out when the car changes hands? the road tax is'nt void for a new owner so why does it need to be resorned? oh yea so lazy goverment ****s can pay someone to change thier light bulbs and pick up there crap arrrh :wall:

~~joycey~~
30-07-09, 07:41 PM
Wot aload of bollocks!

Balley
30-07-09, 08:29 PM
when i got my nova it had been off the road for a bit, and it tuck a while for me to get it on the road, when i come to tax it the bloke in the post office told me i should of been fined, i had never heard of it until then and just thought he was being his normal grumpy self, oh well

Spudly
30-07-09, 08:32 PM
If the vehicle has changed hands have you sent off the v5 in the new owners name?

Jack
30-07-09, 09:14 PM
If the vehicle has changed hands have you sent off the v5 in the new owners name?
Was about to say - its the responsibility of the seller to inform the DVLA of owner changes, so sorry I have no sympathy!

As far as I'm aware a SORN declaration is valid until the 12 month renewal point, unaffected by owner changes.

Spudly
30-07-09, 09:21 PM
Mr jack is correct, i jave however, received a fine before now for failing to SORN or TAX a car which i had marked as scrapped on the v5 and sent off, i had to state in writing to the doovla that i had in fact sent off the documentation telling them i had scrapped it and they had boo-booed by not recording it, but if you have not informed them of the change it is your fault!

ade
30-07-09, 11:24 PM
its a sh1tter but you have to resorn your car every year - I'm guessing theres gonna be a few rebuilds who didnt realise that.

I've gfot all my sorn'd letters for the Puntova for the last 6 years!

lol just realised I've got more sorn'd letter than I have MOT certs!

Gashgusher
30-07-09, 11:32 PM
yeah SORN's a bitch, i got fined more for not re-sorning a metro i once had than what i paid for it in the first place. coooonts

Jack
30-07-09, 11:34 PM
its a sh1tter but you have to resorn your car every year - I'm guessing theres gonna be a few rebuilds who didnt realise that.
Shouldn't be, as you get the standard tax reminder (V11 iirc) through the post exactly the same as if your VED is about to expire