PDA

View Full Version : replacement petrol cap

supernova1983
22-02-03, 01:28 PM
whats the best replacment petrol cap for nova alloy type one not stick on or bodywork job just stick in done thing??????????

?Marty?
22-02-03, 01:42 PM
You can get direct replacement 'aero' look fuel filler caps. Prices range from ?17 to ?50.

Fester
22-02-03, 04:45 PM
http://www.concept-shop.com/nath/fuelcap.jpg

i still think these are the way though :wink:

onephatnova
22-02-03, 04:54 PM
not being biasd or anything but i do like my colour coded one... :D

i do like the alloy ones too 8) and i was gonna get one until i saw my old grey one had been sprayed when i got the rest of the car re-sprayed and i thought it looked quite good. :)

but i might still get an alloy one some day if i fancy for a change...

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 06:41 PM
http://www.concept-shop.com/nath/fuelcap.jpgi still think these are the way though :wink:

hmmmmmm :D thats yummy

i already have a aero style novatech alloy fuel cap but methinks if / when the respray comes in the summer a relocated fuel cap is in hand

mols1.2i
23-02-03, 06:49 PM
where can i get ma self one of the fuel caps u have shown above?

cheers.

Fester
23-02-03, 10:19 PM
i think that one is a genuine small aircraft type as fitted to a kit car, aero cap as in aeroplane - a proper job. havnt seen any of these for a while as people just put in the direct replacement ones, these are the bollocks though

a lot of places still sell them if you cant find one source a genuine one from an aeroplane type company!

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 10:45 PM
any good tuning company

PVD i *THINK* demon tweeks DO larkspeed DO

etc etc

i saw one in the rear WINDOW of a nova once, although id be copying the geezer it sure as hell is difrent!

dont want it in ma door frame though because knowing MY luck i WOULD spill it on the floor!

any other ideas?

seen an astra at trax where the WHOLE rear light cluster ejected out and it was in there!

Fester
23-02-03, 10:48 PM
i cant remember where ive seen it but no external fuel cap and mount in the boot. the logistics shouldnt be too difficult based on where everything is but pulling it off properly is another matter

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 10:50 PM
and the fuel filler had a square spalsh plate around it?

was a NICE red astra in total vauxhall.

boot isnt an option for me because of ice install. and agro opening boot all the time!

think the window is a smart idea

although i KNOW a glass window will always keep breaking / have problems with it, so itll have to be a perspex jobby as ive spoken to a few people.

mikeoxford
23-02-03, 10:51 PM
esp if you had a rear cage or summat - imagine anice chrome fuel pipe going down there too :D

?Marty?
24-02-03, 01:59 AM
I have one of them babies for mine. :D

I can't be bothered with all this relocating crap. It does look cool, but it's just inconvenient.

And i personally prefer to have a smart aero fuell cap welded into the bodywork where it should be.

bigdee
24-02-03, 11:08 PM
i got that fuel cap on my 5 door

cost me ?75