PDA

View Full Version : twin 40s

CoolTiger
30-07-09, 03:43 PM
how do you explain the to the insurance what they are but not making it sound bad lol

just got my mum to ring them up i told her to ask how much my insurance would go up she told them i wanted to put twin carbs on and its two carbs insted of one they still couldnt give me a quote due to them not knowing what they do lol,

do i just get my mum to tell them its a engine modification and it will make the car go faster or is there a nicer(cheaper) way to put it lol

Welsh Dan
30-07-09, 04:44 PM
You have to tell them exactly what you're fitting, so you have to say that they're twin Weber 40mm DCOE carbs. If you don't and you're involved in an accident involving your insurance they could void the policy.

They might void it anyway though if you're fronting.

CoolTiger
30-07-09, 05:59 PM
so tell them there twin Weber 40mm DCOE carbs, they are a engine performance upgrade which makes the engine produce more power

Welsh Dan
30-07-09, 06:33 PM
Yes, plus whatever else you're fitting with them, ie cam etc..

mowgli
30-07-09, 09:22 PM
if your insurer doesn't know what twin carbs is, then they are not a performance minded insurer.......

CoolTiger
31-07-09, 12:07 AM
quinn the woman even spoke to her supivisor

Leeboo
31-07-09, 12:32 AM
quinn the woman even spoke to her supivisor

Quinns? They are about 5 miles from me so I will go up to the offices and pull one of them out and point to my wee 1200 and show them where the webers go, and what they do. lol

Tommy_nova
31-07-09, 12:35 AM
kick them up the ass for me total **** e insurance should be there name..

Quinns? They are about 5 miles from me so I will go up to the offices and pull one of them out and point to my wee 1200 and show them where the webers go, and what they do. lol

Leeboo
31-07-09, 12:41 AM
kick them up the ass for me total **** e insurance should be there name..

I've heard a few bad reports about them in the last while alright mate

Tommy_nova
31-07-09, 12:46 AM
lost my ncb for a non falt bump total wan kers then tryed quoting me 3000 for a 1.6 gsi third party fire and theft pfft what a joke.

Jack
31-07-09, 08:18 AM
ROFLOL quinn are rubbish. Guy I spoke to on the phone a while back thought I was lying when I told him I'd fitted a Saab engine to a Nova, as "its a different manufacturer so simply would not fit". He thought I was confused about what car I had lol

so tell them there twin Weber 40mm DCOE carbs, they are a engine performance upgrade which makes the engine produce more power
I'd first of all ask "do you cover engine or performance modifications?" - the answer will either be:
No (so you say thankyou and goodnight and look for another insurer lol)
Yes (in which case you say you want to fit the aforementioned carburettors)
Possibly (in which case they will ask for details of the modifications)

Yes and Possibly will probably require you to also state the power increase, so find out first from other owners with the same setup how much of a power hike you're likely to get. If No, you need to weigh up your options for looking elsewhere - if you only have a couple months or so left on the policy then sit it out to get your NCB then go elsewhere. If you've only just started the policy it might be worth cancelling and switching to another insurance co.

Mind you, if you're already paying £2500 to insure a standard(ish?) car, you're going to get severely stung.

CoolTiger
31-07-09, 11:13 AM
ROFLOL quinn are rubbish. Guy I spoke to on the phone a while back thought I was lying when I told him I'd fitted a Saab engine to a Nova, as "its a different manufacturer so simply would not fit". He thought I was confused about what car I had lol

I'd first of all ask "do you cover engine or performance modifications?" - the answer will either be:
No (so you say thankyou and goodnight and look for another insurer lol)
Yes (in which case you say you want to fit the aforementioned carburettors)
Possibly (in which case they will ask for details of the modifications)

Yes and Possibly will probably require you to also state the power increase, so find out first from other owners with the same setup how much of a power hike you're likely to get. If No, you need to weigh up your options for looking elsewhere - if you only have a couple months or so left on the policy then sit it out to get your NCB then go elsewhere. If you've only just started the policy it might be worth cancelling and switching to another insurance co.

Mind you, if you're already paying £2500 to insure a standard(ish?) car, you're going to get severely stung.

policy just started 1 mnoth ago, ive declared everything even down to window surrounds so it will prob be class as highlyy modified