PDA

View Full Version : Gear linkage

Cle
30-07-09, 11:58 AM
How do you get it off ??? tryed everything last night but we coulnd get it off.

rep included.

deanwilko
30-07-09, 12:06 PM
take the pin out on top of the box and the pin out of the back mount and undo the bolt on the back

Cle
30-07-09, 12:07 PM
take the pin out on top of the box and the pin out of the back mount and undo the bolt on the back

:thumb: ill try that now

deanwilko
30-07-09, 12:09 PM
the one on top of the box has a little clip that you have to push in on the bottom of it

Cle
30-07-09, 12:24 PM
the one on top of the box has a little clip that you have to push in on the bottom of it

Could you get pics ?? im kind of confused :( I can find the mushroom one on the top but i cant see any clips on the bottom of it, and is the bolt the one on the shaft ?

deanwilko
30-07-09, 12:34 PM
Could you get pics ?? im kind of confused :( I can find the mushroom one on the top but i cant see any clips on the bottom of it, and is the bolt the one on the shaft ?

yes the bolt is on the shaft at the back you taking the engine out or replacing the linkage

Iain
30-07-09, 12:39 PM
13mm bolt attaching it to the shifter rod. Remove the pin attaching it to the gearbox selecter. Pull out pin in middle pivot. Then it should just slide out from under the metal hoop thing on the gearbox.

Cle
30-07-09, 12:40 PM
yes the bolt is on the shaft at the back you taking the engine out or replacing the linkage

Engine out, But my mate things it'll be easier taking gbox of first, But im guessing if i just take that bolt off then i could drop the engine with box then split them when there out.

Cle
30-07-09, 12:42 PM
13mm bolt attaching it to the shifter rod. Remove the pin attaching it to the gearbox selecter. Pull out pin in middle pivot. Then it should just slide out from under the metal hoop thing on the gearbox.

How do you get the middle pin out ?? it not just pulling out, Gear box selecter pin is facing the gbox so i cant get a hammer and punch in to knock it out.

deanwilko
30-07-09, 12:44 PM
a lot easyer and quicker that way area you using an engine hoist

Iain
30-07-09, 12:44 PM
Middle pin, just bend the tabs outward and it pulls out by hand.

Gearbox pin is held in with a clip on the other side of the pin. Twist the linkage to one side, unclip that with pliers/your fingers and that will be loose enough to pull out with your hands.

Cle
30-07-09, 12:46 PM
a lot easyer and quicker that way area you using an engine hoist

Dropping engine out bottom, Ill just undo the bolt then drop the whole thing out, Sorry for being thick :roll:lol

brainsnova
30-07-09, 12:48 PM
i used to take the bolt off the selector as it come through the bulkhead to the linkage then yank the gearstick back lol

deanwilko
30-07-09, 12:49 PM
Dropping engine out bottom, Ill just undo the bolt then drop the whole thing out, Sorry for being thick :roll:lol

drive shafts out remove the tiebars and hoses and couple of cables and wires then its good th come out

Cle
30-07-09, 01:04 PM
drive shafts out remove the tiebars and hoses and couple of cables and wires then its good th come out

all wires and everything are out and drive shafts are out, just need to do tie bars and drop it out,

Got it off at the selector that mushroom clip on top has just snapped so it just a metla bit going in no, but bolt at shaft is off but shaft is on tight.

deanwilko
30-07-09, 01:11 PM
pull the gear stick back in the car

Cle
30-07-09, 01:16 PM
pull the gear stick back in the car

:thumb: Done tis now off Engine out tonight maybe :) Was going to be last night but ended up going for a drive in my mates new 106 gti