PDA

View Full Version : AA/RAC or Greenflag

areofall
30-07-09, 10:55 AM
Hi, heading to the mainland and wondering whats the best breakdown company to join, used to be in the AA the membership is about £40 with Greenflag £20 but no sure if the greenflag will toe me back to N Ireland?

BODGSI
30-07-09, 10:57 AM
aa are the best! imo had problems with rac as they took 3 hours to get to me!

Asa-James
30-07-09, 10:59 AM
ring them up and see how far each company will relay you

edit--on the subject of which company, i've never had to use any so i couldnt say!

Jack
30-07-09, 02:23 PM
Ask Lee about the AA lol

I was with RAC (expired at the mo but I'll renew when I get some cash!). Used them twice and service was spot on. Also managed to barter a good deal a couple of times on the renewal prices too.

Incidentally, RAC offer £20-40 cashback on membership if you buy via www.quidco.com!

Southie
30-07-09, 02:27 PM
I was with the RAC and couldn't fault them for the 10 years I used them. I broke down (obviously being a Nova driver lol) several times, but the service was excellent.
I only joined up with the AA as it's a freebie with my bankcard. :d

Lee H
30-07-09, 02:44 PM
Same here, RAC always been great for me, used them often enough :cry:

Riggy
30-07-09, 02:45 PM
RAC were knobs with me , wont ever reccomend them again . AA from now on

areofall
30-07-09, 03:18 PM
AA cover the member RAC cover the car, do they not?

Lee H
30-07-09, 03:21 PM
RAC cover the member too. I know I am anyway.

MK999
30-07-09, 03:25 PM
If my member ever breaks down I'd rather someone with more relevant training than AA or the RAC looks at it tbh lol

I'm with the AA because my dad is and he pays it for me lol Seemed alright when I used them but I only had a minor problem (flat battery/dead alt 15-20mins from home)

areofall
30-07-09, 03:33 PM
Raly only want someone to ake me of the M'way if I break down cause I probably can fix it myself

Southie
30-07-09, 03:35 PM
AA cover the member RAC cover the car, do they not?
May depend on which package you have. I had with the RAC full uk coverage and I could also use up to 7 times a year even if in another car.

I still have this on my AA cover now.

Or you could take a mate who has full membership. ;)

MK999
30-07-09, 03:45 PM
May depend on which package you have. I had with the RAC full uk coverage and I could also use up to 7 times a year even if in another car.

I still have this on my AA cover now.

Or you could take a mate who has full membership. ;)

Or get him to drive out and park round the corner lol

Jack
30-07-09, 05:45 PM
This is true, both offer either vehicle cover (i.e. on the car and up to x number of drivers) OR personal cover where you (and possibly one or two others) are covered on any car. I had the personal cover as it was handy for being in the ex's car lol

If my member ever breaks down I'd rather someone with more relevant training than AA or the RAC looks at it tbh lol
The RAC guys I've had have both been perfectly adequate at what I wanted them to do - on both occasions I'd already identified the problem and just needed the tools or equipment to resolve. On both occasions they asked me if I wanted to try a roadside fix or just get towed wherever I wanted to go.

[edit] I'm sure I've heard about the AA not covering flat tyres as well...

numptysport1
30-07-09, 08:28 PM
I joined AA at billing , think it was about £70 that covers me in any car and also the van and car transporter as long as the van is not over 3-5 tonne and the transporter is legal .

twistysnovagte
30-07-09, 08:40 PM
im actualy covered by green flag through adrain flux(my insurance),but touch wood ive never broken down, and ive not had to use them once,so thats why i cant say any more,
so for that reason im out!

ade
30-07-09, 11:26 PM
Greenflag are good because they use a virtual system of garages in the local area to where you broke down - however I know when we sell policies through my workj and offer Greenflag as a product its limited to cars under 13 yrs old!

draper
30-07-09, 11:29 PM
another vote for RAC here

MK999
31-07-09, 12:20 AM
The RAC guys I've had have both been perfectly adequate at what I wanted them to do - on both occasions I'd already identified the problem and just needed the tools or equipment to resolve. On both occasions they asked me if I wanted to try a roadside fix or just get towed wherever I wanted to go.

DEFINITELY missed the childish wordplay there... lol