PDA

View Full Version : speedo wiring for digi dash

mart25
29-07-09, 09:19 PM
hi.. can anyone tell what i have done wrong??? i fitted a digi dash into my nova but the speedo is not working... i've wired the blue/red from the astra dash loom to the black and black and red on the transducer wires and the grey i thought was the earth to an earthing point.......???? the transducer is an AK type if that helps any?? please help...

brainsnova
29-07-09, 10:07 PM
the black is power the brown is earth and the blue/red is the dash signal.

mart25
29-07-09, 10:11 PM
the red as in black with red trace is power? and goes where?
the black is earth....ok
i have a grey wire here tho.... where does that go please...

sorry but i'm not good with wires lol

brainsnova
29-07-09, 10:16 PM
the red as in black with red trace is power? and goes where?
the black is earth....ok
i have a grey wire here tho.... where does that go please...

sorry but i'm not good with wires lol

i edited my first post by the sounds of it you dont have the original tranducer plug but another that still plugs in. drawing to follow .....

unplug the connector and you see roughly this in the top of the transducer lol and trace it through to the wires :thumb:
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/Brain_missing/dash004.jpg

mart25
29-07-09, 10:18 PM
cheers buddy...... i got the plug with the dash tho????

Graeme
29-07-09, 10:21 PM
There is a fitted guide in the articles section

mart25
29-07-09, 10:26 PM
cheers...brainsnova!!!! will just have to play around with it as my wires are different colours ...thanks for the picture ... big help mate

p.s the black being power...where does this need to be wired up to. ????? just any live source behind the dash? thanks

fennah
29-07-09, 11:17 PM
connect the black to all the other blacks comming out the back of the digi dash and the brown to all the other browns on back of digi dash

mart25
29-07-09, 11:28 PM
right i got u now lol .... but the colours on my wires are different . i have black....black with red trace and grey ....
so....

black is live
black with red trace is dash signal
grey is earth

sound about right ?????? maybe? lol

fennah
29-07-09, 11:37 PM
disconnect the wireing plug from the transducer on the gear box , it just pushes in but can be bit tight getting off proberly easier to unscrew transducer from box and then disconnect plug then look into the plug were the connections are and u'll see it has a t shaped piece of plastic so it can only go into the tranducer one way , now compare what u see inside the plug to the previously posted pic by brainsnova oraintate it so the t piece is in same position as on the picture and what ever colour the wire is on the pic compare that to your wires on your plug , if different go with the wires on the diagram cos any one could have put any old wire on your tranducer in past

mart25
29-07-09, 11:43 PM
thanks.... suppose it doesnt matter what colour wires the are . if i plug them in as the diagram says and the other ends to the dash it will work ..... cheers all . told u i was a bit blonde with wiring lol lol lol .... will give it a whirl tomorrow.....:-)

speedyd
09-08-09, 11:21 PM
i did this today and followed what it said and it didnt work. what did i do wrong?