PDA

View Full Version : low throttle engine issue

Aston
28-07-09, 01:01 PM
Hi guys im hoping you can help basically i have a corsa 1.2 SPI all standard and and just recently this perticular problem has gotten worse everytime i go out in the car. basically when you first touch the throttle maybe 1/8 of a press the engine dies then picks back up again so for example if i was to pull off with no throttle the car will be fine then when i press the throttle it will die it dies for longer the more u press the pedal once the engine is going and the revs are up the motor goes as usual. this can happen in any gear so if im in 5th jsut hovering on the throttle (cruising) it can completly die untill i change down and get the revs up, another scenario is that if i go through a couple of gear for example 1,2 then change into first the engine sounds like it is missing very badly no power etc. i am hoping this is an ingition issue like the dizzy or coil and not summot like the ecu or maybe its a fuel issue i dont know.

look forward to the responces cheers

edit one other note is that the engine no ticks over alot higher i dont have a rev guage but maybe 2000 rpm

Aston
29-07-09, 08:43 AM
bump some one must have a few ideas ?

AlexW
29-07-09, 02:34 PM
Is the EML on?

jimbob-mcgrew
29-07-09, 02:48 PM
does it rev up fine neutral ?

Aston
30-07-09, 12:41 PM
yeh the EML is on comes up after it misses a beat and its a similer situation in neutral jsut generally lumpy on low throttle openings. but funnily enough the issue seems to get better and worse as in the miss fire isnt as big or the cut out isnt as long depending on how u look at it i was thinking it was maybe a fueling issue but would this still cause the EML to come on ???

thnaks for the replys i was begining to loose hope :)

Asa-James
30-07-09, 03:11 PM
search on here how to flash the ecu (bridge two pins and the eml will flas a series of codes) post the results up and go from there