PDA

View Full Version : engine power cutting

burgo
28-07-09, 12:31 PM
got a strange problem. when peddling round corners quickly sometimes the power backs of for a split second then comes back, almost feels like the ignition being switched on and off. any ideas people?

Will F
28-07-09, 12:46 PM
Fuel starvation I reckon.

What engine/tank/pump?

burgo
28-07-09, 12:47 PM
standard 1.2 with standard tank and pump

Jonlem
28-07-09, 12:49 PM
How much fuel in your tank when it does it ?

Could be the internal swirl pot come adrift

Spudly
28-07-09, 05:27 PM
1200's dont have a swirl pot, check your battery terminals and or the black box connections on your ignition barrel, plugs to coil and king lead aswell, sounds like a power becoming pulled/moving off as the weight shifts round the corner to me!

AlexW
28-07-09, 05:30 PM
I presume it dont matter how much fuel you have?

novaboz
28-07-09, 07:46 PM
earths mate... clean them all up, you can also take all electrical pulgs off and spray with wd40... i had this problem on a redtop i just did the above and added an extra earth from box to chassis and then it was fine

hope this helps

comptoncj
28-07-09, 08:36 PM
yeah sounds like an earth problem my mates one did the same thing and it turned out to be the earth on the inlet manifold needed cleaning up after that it was fine :)

Leeboo
29-07-09, 01:04 AM
Mine does that too Burgo but only when I'm pushing hard round tight corners, there was a thread about this a while back too, can't remember the outcome though. I reckon its prob just one of those things

burgo
29-07-09, 04:44 AM
Mine does that too Burgo but only when I'm pushing hard round tight corners, there was a thread about this a while back too, can't remember the outcome though. I reckon its prob just one of those thingspushing it hard and more specifically when it hits a bump??

jonlem i had a full tank when it was doing it so i dont think it that unless im draining the the actual bowl to a level to allow it.

i know its not the battery terminals as i did them up the other day as they kept coming of and whilst the car is running the battery doesnt need to be connected apparently lol

im thinking maybe the king lead. it is a little loose. ill try a new one of them and see how i go

thanks for all your replies

Guderian
29-07-09, 08:30 AM
....Beads of water in bottom of petrol tank mate! i would place money on it.

burgo
29-07-09, 08:53 AM
....Beads of water in bottom of petrol tank mate! i would place money on it.why would it only effect me on hard cornering then?