PDA

View Full Version : pierburg 2e choke light switch

jimbob-mcgrew
28-07-09, 12:58 AM
is this the spade connector wire attached to the carb ? ive plugged it into a black and yellow wire that was taped in the loom alongside the oil pressure switc wire, that how its supposed to be ? im not getting a light on the dash, only from the (old) manual choke lever does it come on/off.

AlexW
28-07-09, 09:34 AM
Now im awake, as long as the one on the car loom is black/yellow?

You May have to connect the other end, but why do you want it anyways!

Asa-James
28-07-09, 10:24 AM
when i had my 2b plumbed in i never got a choke light, i presumed this was how it was as the old manual style will take the light feed from the pull in the dash

Spudly
28-07-09, 05:24 PM
Auto chokes dont have a choke light, youve plugged it into the spare wire which would be used for the oil pressure gauage if there was one fitted, its an earth wire for the auto choke and it just forms a loop around the carb and plugs into itself if you get me!

AlexW
28-07-09, 05:35 PM
No it dont spud.

The oil pressure wire is blue/red iirc, the one that jimbob speaks of is a yellow/black, Which is for the light if its wired up right

Spudly
28-07-09, 06:51 PM
Auto chokes dont have choke lights so there will be no wiring for it, the spade connector on the carb stays at the carb and doesnt plug into anything else!

jimbob-mcgrew
28-07-09, 10:08 PM
lol