PDA

View Full Version : unwell nova!!

j00mes
27-07-09, 10:55 PM
my nova '93 has a wiring fault i think. so need some help. indicators stopped workin so checked fuses, ok, so checked relay, slightly dodgy so replaced it. now side lights flash and indicators still dont work, any ideas would be very grateful!

Asa-James
27-07-09, 10:58 PM
earths, and this should really be in mechanical section.

welcome to the site by the way, where abouts in chesh are you?

vxr_racing_2008
27-07-09, 11:01 PM
Had problem like this on one of mine, turned out to be faulty hazard switch:roll: :thumb: ... and side lights are common for flashing if wrong brake light bulb has been fitted so i have heard:d

Asa-James
27-07-09, 11:02 PM
oh yeah, see with mk1's we dont have that problem...

vxr_racing_2008
27-07-09, 11:04 PM

oooo a stab at mk2's huhlol

let_nova
27-07-09, 11:05 PM
anyway asa.... it should be in electrical... lol

Asa-James
27-07-09, 11:05 PM
shhhhhh.....

vxr_racing_2008
27-07-09, 11:08 PM
lol

j00mes
27-07-09, 11:56 PM
earths, and this should really be in mechanical section.

welcome to the site by the way, where abouts in chesh are you?

i in mac, cheers for the tip but think i checked all earth but will have another go 2morra.

j00mes
27-07-09, 11:59 PM
Had problem like this on one of mine, turned out to be faulty hazard switch:roll: :thumb: ... and side lights are common for flashing if wrong brake light bulb has been fitted so i have heard:d

cheers for that. got any links of ware to buy hazard switches?

Asa-James
28-07-09, 12:00 AM
ahh not far from me (knutsford) have a check of the hazard switch as well as vxracing pointed out. i'll be up your way in a couple of weeks on a midnight cat n fiddle run when i get the new engine in:)

vxr_racing_2008
28-07-09, 05:54 PM
There is loads on here if you post a wanted ad or the odd one pops up on some auction sites now and again:d

j00mes
29-07-09, 08:41 AM
ahh not far from me (knutsford) have a check of the hazard switch as well as vxracing pointed out. i'll be up your way in a couple of weeks on a midnight cat n fiddle run when i get the new engine in:)

wot engine u droppin? an i wait til a few weeks wen we get our summer lol b4 goin up there. not sure but they be doin roadworx at mo or they have been so watch out jus in case!

Mazz
29-07-09, 09:46 AM

We do :( My indicators were playing silly bugger and that turned out to be the hazard switch...

j00mes
29-07-09, 01:53 PM
We do :( My indicators were playing silly bugger and that turned out to be the hazard switch...

I think i will chech the hazard switch :d as most of you ave mentioned it an that i had to glue the bugger to stay in place:confused:

j00mes
29-07-09, 11:37 PM
I think i will chech the hazard switch :d as most of you ave mentioned it an that i had to glue the bugger to stay in place:confused:

well i got it sorted, in the end it wer my own doin as i had squashed a contact on the hazard switch an it wasn't connecting! wot a dumbass lol . anyway cheers for all ure help an ideas in wot prob may ave been, cya on the road :thumb:

joff-turbo-nova
30-07-09, 12:52 PM
i in mac, cheers for the tip but think i checked all earth but will have another go 2morra.

You might want to check the big earth wire that is bolted to the inside of the passenger side chassis leg below the washer bottle. If this has rusted and giving a bad connection this could give the sidelight/indicator issues you are having.

Cheers

Joff

mayhem
30-07-09, 04:46 PM
^^fail.

lmfao:thumb:

petrolhead99
31-07-09, 04:03 PM
novas do have odd electrical systems in my view unless i pull out the hazard lights switch they turn themselves on and off lol