PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 turbo . fuel pressure regulator ??

pul16v
27-07-09, 04:43 PM
hey guys im on with turboing my e16se and have been looking at what fuel reg to use for the engrichment. theres afew ive come across theres the fse type 1.1 ,1.7:1 and the begi type that appartently gives 7psi fuel to 1 psi boost .now i could buy one and just see what results it gives but thats not really a hit and miss thing so i thought id see what you 1.6 turbo guys are using

anyhelp appreciated
cheers phil

NitrousVaux
28-07-09, 08:11 AM
What injectors and management are you planning to run? idealy you would want an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and adjust the amount of fuel based on the cycle of the injector and the pistons.

I think a standard RS Turbo runs at 5-6 bar of fuel pressure.

Safe enrichment would be a fully mappable 5th injector set up or change the stardard fuel injectors for turbo items out of another car.

pul16v
28-07-09, 10:30 AM
im intending on using std e16se management and usuing a rising rate fuel reg to get the enrichment needed on boost

fennah
29-07-09, 03:38 PM
you may need bigger injectors better to run turbo rich than a weak mixture id try the fse regulator though , known a few peeps had these in past

Stuart
29-07-09, 04:36 PM
I wouldnt try an FSE.... they are dog dirt!

pul16v
29-07-09, 05:10 PM
I wouldnt try an FSE.... they are dog dirt!

what you suggest then stuart ? oh and dont say standalone im looking for a fuel reg lol