PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 carb > inlet manifold

jimbob-mcgrew
27-07-09, 03:44 PM
anybody got a manifold ? local pickup not far from buckinghamshire would be awsome. might need a bin-lid airbox to go with it possibly. im skint so cheaper the better, or i could just turn up with a pack of beers or something :thumb:

paulwar
27-07-09, 04:53 PM
carbed, single point, injection? which one.

leggattr
27-07-09, 07:34 PM
Iv got a 1.2 carb with inlet for sale mate if interested and the binlid for it with element inside. let us know

jimbob-mcgrew
27-07-09, 07:55 PM
carbed, single point, injection? which one.

^ 1.2 carb as in title :thumb:

Iv got a 1.2 carb with inlet for sale mate if interested and the binlid for it with element inside. let us know

^ yeh i spotted you had one for sale earlier mate, your too far away tho unfortunatly :(

paulwar
27-07-09, 11:12 PM
my fault lol half a sleep today, shame as i binned one about a week ago, leave it with me i might be able to get you one.

jimbob-mcgrew
28-07-09, 01:01 AM
yeh i binned 2 at the same time just a fortnight ago.. silly tw4t i am. cheers man.
oh, if possible, with the nuts still on the threaded guides :thumb:

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
28-07-09, 01:46 AM
only If there was a 13 rc carb and manifold my way i would of Gave you mine (Y)

jimbob-mcgrew
29-07-09, 02:56 PM
no one else closer ?

my cars so screwed up right now, you wouldnt believe, timings out, fuelings out, overheating, blowing exhaust and dodgy electrics, plus a few more. i dunno how the fcuk it still drives.

Leeboo
29-07-09, 03:12 PM
my cars so screwed up right now, you wouldnt believe, timings out, fuelings out, overheating, blowing exhaust and dodgy electrics, plus a few more. i dunno how the fcuk it still drives.

Surely you can sort some of that stuff fairly easily? Timing Light and haynes? Fuelling - try tweaking the mixture on the carb? Get a full std exhaust (inc mani) of an sr or even a 1.2 in a scrappers to keep you going? Overheating - h/gasket? Using water?

jimbob-mcgrew
29-07-09, 03:22 PM
- cant afford a timing gun.
- have unscrewed the mixture screw to the point it came right out the carb, still ran lean.
- 1.4sr system is prety much the only system ive found so far that will fit mine, but the 1.6 exhaust ports are slightly further forward so the rest of the exhaust has to come forward with it, and im havvin a few probs finding a mounting spot 2 inches from normal, altho i have a cunning plan with cables ties that might work.
- think the head gaskets ok, its not using water. i havent pressure tested it yet (ive just aquired a tester tho, so im getting there) but prety sure the overheatings down to it running lean.

jimbob-mcgrew
30-07-09, 01:15 AM
bump