PDA

View Full Version : Facet Solid State Fuel Pump Query

frank_dh
27-07-09, 02:33 PM
Guys,

I've just had to replace my Solid State Facet fuel pump due to varying pressure delivery from the old one. I have mounted the new one in the same way as before only this time I've fitted the the 7micron fuel filter supplied with the pump that fits directly on to the inward flow union. In doing this I've removed my old universal in line filter and have run it direct from the tank to the pump.

Upon starting it clicks continually really really loudly. I'm told that this is normal, the sound of a healthy pump by the distribution company I bought it from. I have mounted it using the the genuine facet rubber mounting kit, checked & the tightness. I even tried refitting using my original universal filter and removing the supplied one but it still clicks loudly.

When I say loud I mean its louder than the sound of my Carb'd XE revving at 4000rpm. Shocking I think.

Does anyone else think this is healthy?

Any tips, previous experience will be appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Ernie
27-07-09, 02:42 PM
My facet is outside under the car and i can still hear it over my t/b xe track car but dont think its that loud.

frank_dh
27-07-09, 03:21 PM
Cheers Ernie. I remember seeing / hearing yours at the national weekend and it sounds no where near as loud.

skidmarkz
27-07-09, 03:59 PM
i can hear mine too over my tb'd xe lol as Ernie say mine is also outside....

Will F
27-07-09, 04:10 PM
They are usually loud until they get fuel through them, then they shut up a bit....

Is the engine running when its clicking loudly? (ie - getting fuel?)

Stuart
27-07-09, 04:42 PM
Dans would make a total facking racket in the T40'd car lol (even more so when you pulled up after thrashing the nuts off it)

if its inside the car it will be fairly loud