PDA

View Full Version : Remote central locking

m.a.t.t
21-02-03, 12:57 PM
I've got central locking on my nova how do i go about remote central locking?

Alex
21-02-03, 12:59 PM
depends what sort you got. is the drivers side activated by using a motor, or is it actually the key which unlocks that side?

wisewood
21-02-03, 01:40 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/article.php?t=63457

The novaload guide to DIY central locking... dont remember if it gives details of remote central locking too.

Alex
21-02-03, 01:46 PM
no, it doesn't. The drivers solenoid in this case is just a switch, but needs to be a motor as well.

Euan
21-02-03, 02:19 PM
what kind of central locking is on the sr's. will my alarm be able to operate it (it works if its negative type and no greater than 300mA i think) ?

Alex
21-02-03, 03:05 PM
if it is standard you will probably need a new drivers solenoid

Euan
21-02-03, 05:58 PM
my alarm says u can buy an inverter. not sure if this is the best option or not.

sorry to sound like a dumb ass but what is the solenoid?

mikeoxford
21-02-03, 06:06 PM
inverter? :? WTF lol.

anyway

what you need to do firstly is replace the SWITCH in the drivers door, or add another solenoid to it, a solenoid is what pushes and pulls to open the lock mechanism.

once this is done you need to make sure your alarm supports the function, then find the two wire output that comes from it

I have a wiring diag somewhere of the vauxhall central locking ill dig it out but basically you need to splice into the wires from the black box behind the tray in the passenger side. one wire is push one is pull, then when you press button on alarm, it activates apropriate wire.

thats basically how, when you got all the stuff to do it etc, email us and ill help u from there, but basically its dead simple when u no which wires it is!

Euan
21-02-03, 06:53 PM
yeh thats exactly what the wiring instructions are that came with the alarm.

if i wire it up without the new switch/solenoid what will happin.

were do i get the solenoid from??

mikeoxford
22-02-03, 01:02 AM
yeh thats exactly what the wiring instructions are that came with the alarm.

if i wire it up without the new switch/solenoid what will happin.

were do i get the solenoid from??

off the top of my head the code for a new solenoid from maplins is YD79L i think thats right

there only a couple of quid

basically if u dont put one in your drivers door, what will happen is only the passenmger door will open / lock, the drivers will always stayed locked

the drivers door is a switch and just that so when u turn the key the passenger SOLENOID operates, its purely a switch.

mikeoxford
22-02-03, 01:03 AM
f00k me im such a genius

that part code was right

www.maplin.co.uk

YD79L

http://www.maplin.co.uk/images/catalog/pictures-all/LargeImages/ModuleImages/12304i0.jpg

2 wire door lock motor

Euan
22-02-03, 01:16 AM
nice 1 mate. when i get the part do u think u could giv me some pointers on how/where to fit it.

i've got a lot to learn :oops:

mikeoxford
22-02-03, 01:25 AM
no problems at all young skywalker 8) :lol:

Euan
22-02-03, 01:28 AM
:lol: