PDA

View Full Version : K's new Nova, on 20's!!!

novamark
21-02-03, 12:05 PM
does anyone remember the nova in fast car on 19's? well i went down his workshop yesterday and it is looking mad When this car is finished it is gunna look so good. it has 20's. there are loads of other cars down there at the moment, like a fiesta with 19 and that 106 with 19s. i'm gettin some work done to mine soon too!!

wisewood
21-02-03, 12:12 PM
20's...
THATS JUST CRAYZEEEEE!!!

over the top much? :lol:

Nova-Flair
21-02-03, 12:18 PM
why put 20's on if he is gonna tune the engine as well the car will be undrivable. dont get me wrong though i respect the work that will have gone into the car to get 20's on the car but huge wheels just aint my thing
16's do a nova just fine

novamark
21-02-03, 12:21 PM
its wierd, i thought it would look sh*t to be honest, a convertible, but the way he's done it is well good, its got massive sideskirts etc, but i think it can carry it off coz of the wheels. i think its gunna look so cool.

wisewood
21-02-03, 12:21 PM
personally i reckon 15" is big enough... the look right.
16 is nice if you like the big wheels look... anything over that is just mad.

novamark
21-02-03, 12:27 PM
i dont really think he is gunna drive it much though, he has a brand new M3 Beamer number plate "T7PE K" as his normal car, the nova is an advert for his business. I put 15s on mine as i dont wanna ruin the novas handling.

Ste_Nova
21-02-03, 01:21 PM
i have a selection of wheels.....
14" for normal/strip use
15" for normal/cruise
16" for cruise/show
17" for show

all finished in the same colour so the car keeps the same look

wisewood
21-02-03, 01:31 PM
have you gone so far as to buy the same wheels in the different sizes ste - or could you not be bothered with tking the image of it that far?

burgessovsalford
21-02-03, 03:15 PM
i have a selection of wheels.....
14" for normal/strip use
15" for normal/cruise
16" for cruise/show
17" for show

all finished in the same colour so the car keeps the same look

You got every one of them, x4 of each?? you must have a garage full of wheels if you have!! :lol:

?Marty?
21-02-03, 03:37 PM
Convertible.
20's.

Hmmmm!?

He's building a roller-skate for the Jolly Green Giant. :lol:

(Nah, i bet it'll look great. I like mad shit. Possibly.)

Ste_Nova
21-02-03, 04:23 PM
i've got at least 4 of each... about 10 14"s with slicks/snow etc and 6 15" and yes they take up quite a bit of space they are stacked 6 high

djp_y2k
21-02-03, 09:27 PM
I havnt seen his car yet, but wot I've heard it will a piece of modded art.

It may not be to everyones taste, but I'm sure most will admire the amount of effort gone in to it.

RobHardyUK
21-02-03, 09:59 PM
does anyone remember the nova in fast car on 19's? well i went down his workshop yesterday and it is looking mad, it has massive 20's, its a convertible, massive arches that the 20's hide under, bad boy bonnet and apparently hes tryin to get huge ammounts of power out of the turbo lump. When this car is finished it is gunna look so good. there are loads of other cars down there at the moment, like a fiesta with 19 and that 106 with 19s. i'm gettin some work done to mine soon too!!

No offence, but i dont believe you. The bloke with 19s on is Karthik Gowrinath. Everyone was wowing at him to when he got 18s on. Then he went, and was the first person ever to have 19s on a nova. i doubt you have seen 20s. Mate, show me a picture and ill believe you. And the fact is is a cabrio.... ummmmm yeah. So we'll be cing it in Fast car or summit soon yeah??

djp_y2k
21-02-03, 10:14 PM
Well you better believe it coz it is true.

If you speak to the mags, they know about it.

Infact ask breeny off novaload if he knows about it.

If 19's have been done, you can expect someone is going to try for 20's.

I very much doubt you will see pics until its finished. So if u still dont believe it just wait till then.

Fester
21-02-03, 11:20 PM
its genuine

_JH_
21-02-03, 11:45 PM
who says no-one had ever done 19s before? take the amount of novas sold in this country, add all the corsa a's in spain, france, germany, norway blah blah blah (get your map out rob if you wanna know the rest, look under europe) and you've got alot of novas. who's to say our european counterparts havent done it first?

brian
22-02-03, 12:00 AM
he is gonna get about a week out of dive shafts :roll:
More power out of the turbo lumb and 20's! he broke something like 3 shafts with 19's and i doubt it was driven much. strange and pointless but fair enough and i'm sure it looks well.

Breeny
22-02-03, 12:09 AM
:lol: @ Rob Hardey

Its real.. and yes its gonna be amazing.. I'm not saying anything else because you'll just have to wait and see it, he doesnt want any of that bollocks and hype that happenned about Lancys car.

And yes there are pictures about but no one will give them to you. :P

?Marty?
22-02-03, 02:25 AM
Though before negative comments are made, it should be remembered that he's building a show car to advertise his business. Money isn't really an object, as it's the BEST form of advertising for businesses such as bodyshops, and he might even get sponsorship off other businesses too (like free/discounted wheels/air-bag suspension and etc).

It might have a lot of cash spent on it, but the more of an impact it makes, the more business (and hence money) it'll generate for the business back. Then he can afford to do it all over again, and go madder. Like jamie Shaw, for example.

Of course it'll be mad. Of course it'll be over the top. And the more so, the more people will either love it or hate it. With projects such as that, there is no inbetween.

djp_y2k
22-02-03, 09:43 AM
well said!!

RobHardyUK
22-02-03, 03:51 PM
who says no-one had ever done 19s before? take the amount of novas sold in this country, add all the corsa a's in spain, france, germany, norway blah blah blah (get your map out rob if you wanna know the rest, look under europe) and you've got alot of novas. who's to say our european counterparts havent done it first?

I said Karthik Gowrinath PUT 19s ON HIS CAR!!!!! not hasnt! its the 20s i didnt believe.

Anyway yeah. ok so all these ppl that are saying im wrong have you actually seen this car? I will still only believe this when i see it. And fully apoligise if im wrong. What engines it got anyways??

djp_y2k
22-02-03, 06:46 PM
I think he is sticking with a turbo lump.

I dont understand why u dont believe about the 20's. Before the wheels he used to have were 19x8.5

These are more than likely going to be 20x8.5,as thats wot most of them are.

This means that the wheel will only disapear into the arch another 1/2 inch

Not alot really.

Just think about it and you will see its possible.

hutton
22-02-03, 07:00 PM
i think it will look mad, though id rather have myself a set of 16s and a-60mm drop, anyone seen the bmw x5 down r-tec sitting on 23s?

Rick Draper
22-02-03, 11:24 PM
Man 20's are so last year, my nova rolling on 25" chrome baby :lol: :lol: Rick

locky
23-02-03, 11:45 AM
Cant wait 2 see this baby!

spanishfly
23-02-03, 11:46 AM
lol@ hardy!!!
mate i fink ur right!!! :lol:
ok now in honesty as k's mate (i used to be at his body shop quite often) i seen a certain mota evolve!! now giving details but yes it is mad and YES it does have 20's!!!
can't wait to have my car done:)

_JH_
23-02-03, 12:22 PM
I said Karthik Gowrinath PUT 19s ON HIS CAR!!!!! not hasnt! its the 20s i didnt believe.

did you skive off english lessons alot in school rob? you said he was the first (meaning no-one had done it before, yeah?), so i asked how you could say for definite he was the first.

So, was he the first?

Ian
23-02-03, 02:53 PM
Convertible.
20's.

Hmmmm!?

He's building a roller-skate for the Jolly Green Giant. :lol:

lmfao

?Marty?
24-02-03, 01:31 AM
I think my 'comedy' is wasted on some people here Ian.

novamark
24-02-03, 11:15 AM
u just wait and see it then robhardy.

Jim
24-02-03, 12:08 PM
Rob, best get writing your apology now ;) lol.

I have seen it on the 20's in its early days. I have no idea what it looks like now, didn't realise he was doing a convertible. It's going to be one of those cars that you'll either love or hate.

Jim

locky
24-02-03, 04:53 PM
Lmao @ peeps avin a go at RobHardy!
Think b4 u type m8! Itll save u alota grief!
I like d K's last motor, aprt from the kingdom front bumper, well it was the first time i saw it! did it suit the car? yes and no! yes coz the car was just mental, and no, coz personally im not into the jap style much!
Each 2 their own, just wanna see the re-vamp roll from the bodyshop, and onto my screen!

Sid
24-02-03, 06:44 PM
Rob, just read through all your posts ..u do know that this car IS Karthik's, don't you??? you're saying it as if nobody else apart from Karthik would do it (you're probably right there anyway!).
Karthik = K

The car should be absolutely mental.

CP
26-02-03, 11:01 PM
Lol - that flipping Karthik - always starting arguments on here :lol:

If I was in the body styling business what better way to catch peoples attention and get business than to make some crazzee modded Nova on 19 plus inches?

And whats with all these bloody 2.0l Turbos - common as muck now :wink: :lol:

Jim
27-02-03, 09:07 AM
And whats with all these bloody 2.0l Turbos - common as muck now :wink: :lol:

LOL, here here :D

Jim

mark_GSi
27-02-03, 11:26 PM
20's????

mine handles pretty crap on 17's

20's will make it undriveable!!!

fair play 2 d bloke if he does get um 2 fit!

read in d new revs sum1 else is doing that 2 (20's) with focus rear lights and other bits and bobs, uummm may have little competition :-)

?Marty?
28-02-03, 01:13 AM
yes it's dan from this site.

Breeny
28-02-03, 01:00 PM
Lmfao @ Cp and Jim!

Too right, muppets the lot of em :roll:

MattNovaSport
28-02-03, 01:30 PM
Where will this stop, maybe a monster truck Nova ??

Is there any point, other than because I can, on putting bigger and bigger wheels on a car. There comes a point when it starts to get silly.

wisewood
28-02-03, 01:32 PM
from his business point of view i can understand it because it shows what they can do... should you have the finances to fund it.

AND it would certainly get peoples attention at the shows.

djp_y2k
28-02-03, 06:21 PM
to be honest, if you can make the car look good with the wheels that u choose it doesnt matter how big or small they are.

I agree a set of 20's or bigger will look ridiculous without the archse widened or with a bodykit you can by off the shelf, coz the car will look to high.

But if it is all modded so that it sits low and can be driven, it will look wicked.

People say wots the point coz it will ruin the handling. Ever thought the car is only been used to show off the looks of it, not how fast or well it handles.

Basically if you do the right mods with big wheels it will suit and not look stupid.

Thats how I look at it anyway.

:D :o :) :P

Jim
28-02-03, 06:53 PM
I agree with you djp_y2k.

He's not built the car to handle or to be fast, it's going to be a show car. After all, whats the first thing you see when you see a car? It's the car itself. Chances are people aren't going to be bothered about whats under the bonnet.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'm not keen on huge bodykits, and I'm even less keen on cars with all show and no go. I love the sound of a car with a decent engine being thrashed :)

Anyway, we will all have to wait and see, maybe he'll surprise us and have a 500bhp engine under the bonnet and the handling of a formula one car :| :wink:

Jim

Novathelimit
28-02-03, 07:16 PM
20's thats impressive id like to see that wen its out

Nova_Girl_SR
28-02-03, 09:28 PM
Lancy (Steve Procter) off Roybacer had his car featured in revs. it had wide arch kit, amazing flip paint,carbon interior and was one of the first to hav 19s on his car. i like it,buts its pretty mental lol!

http://www.cruisetime.co.uk/mycar2.jpg

personally,especially on a car like the nova,i think 17s look nice enuff,but id stick with 16s for the handling definetly

RobHardyUK
28-02-03, 09:47 PM
Is the nova with 20s on karthinks then?? that nova above this reply is well nice. wish i had one like that!

ade
28-02-03, 11:20 PM
thats bloody gorgeous that one of Lancy's.

8)

Heard somewhere it'd been broken up?

Or was that a lye?

fo0q
01-03-03, 12:47 AM
where is karthiks business based???

id love to go check out his premises.

Jim
01-03-03, 12:53 AM
http://www.cruise-south.co.uk/tks/main.html
Thats the site for Type-K styling.

He's based down south.

Lots of people have been pleased with his work.

Jim

olly55
01-03-03, 11:47 AM
rob m8 u better belive it coz ive seen the car as well, its sittin on 20 inch rims, they r lenso ones the ylook fekkin huge,

cant reall descibre the car as its jus awsome nothing like it

Breeny
01-03-03, 11:50 AM
http://www.typekstyling.co.uk Tel 07739 402075

Directions are on the site... based in south london.

Dannova12
03-03-03, 02:11 PM
this car was meant to be a secret!!!
nevermind!!

Anyway he has done some work on my girlfriends car and ill post the pics when its finished. Looks sweet!!!!

novamark
03-03-03, 04:33 PM
its in leatherhead.

krobinson
05-03-03, 11:36 AM
Lancy's nova, hmmm, not keen on it as i'm more of a plain and simple nova fan.. Altho hats off to him!

And the nova with 20's is true, i chat to him on MSN.. sound fella..

NovaNeil
10-03-03, 08:02 AM
Yeah Lancy's Nova sits too high off the ground for me, and I don't think the wheels do the car justice. But everyone to their own and I admire him for having the balls to do it.
Can't wait to see K's new Nova. It looked awsome in Fastcar on 19's, God knows what it will look like now.
Does any one know if its the same car or has he started on a new one?

novamark
10-03-03, 12:07 PM
its the same car but so much better!!!