PDA

View Full Version : Felipee Massa Crash?

Nobby
25-07-09, 09:04 PM
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77243

MK999
25-07-09, 09:07 PM
Dunno if anyone noticed but we rewound it on the sky plus and the 'debris' was barrichello's rear spring!

BIGS
25-07-09, 09:08 PM
Dunno if anyone noticed but we rewound it on the sky plus and the 'debris' was barrichello's rear spring!

:eek: Hope barrichello's car is ok

Damo
25-07-09, 09:09 PM
Tell you what though felipes one lucky bloke could av killed him.

MK999
25-07-09, 09:13 PM
:eek: Hope barrichello's car is ok

He qualified 13th and said the car felt crap and he couldn't finish his last lap, being unsprung on one side would do that lol

burgo
25-07-09, 09:27 PM
Dunno if anyone noticed but we rewound it on the sky plus and the 'debris' was barrichello's rear spring!torshion bar ;) they dont run springs anymore according to coulthard. good job he was conscious enough to still be able to break abit

MK999
25-07-09, 09:40 PM
Was definitely a spring, we freeze framed it right before it clapped massa in the chin. Could have been the 3rd spring and they use torsion bars for the main suspension, but it was definitely a spring.

gunny
25-07-09, 10:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ltCJXSLuw

Spring

Edit: 1:48 slow motion

Rysee
25-07-09, 10:31 PM
crazy after the crash involving the wheel, could have been worse

MK999
25-07-09, 10:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/MK999/Springaling.jpg

Best freeze frame I can get of it :thumb:

gunny
25-07-09, 10:36 PM
That just shows how fast massa AND the spring were moving, its in 2 places in that pic!

MK999
25-07-09, 10:37 PM
Yeah according to the highly reliable youtube comments combined speed of about 180!

gunny
25-07-09, 10:42 PM

Ben
25-07-09, 11:00 PM
He is still critical in itensive care. Poor bloke

Stuart
25-07-09, 11:01 PM
that will be nice if he is unfortunate enough to not make it....

in ref to the stupid in yo face edit

MK999
25-07-09, 11:20 PM
BBC1 said he was talking and perfectly fine? :confused: Sounds like someone cocked up :(

Ben
25-07-09, 11:52 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8168807.stm

MK999
26-07-09, 12:00 AM
Damn, did kinda figure that springs aren't exactly soft and light but thought it might have glanced off his helmet or something.

burgo
26-07-09, 12:43 AM
i heard on the news hes had an operation as his skull was fractured

LiquidPug
26-07-09, 12:46 AM
i heard on the news hes had an operation as his skull was fractured
BBC:
"During the course of his examination they established that he suffered a serious, life-threatening injuries including loss of consciousness and a fracture of the forehead on the left side and a fracture on the base of the skull."

Nobby
26-07-09, 12:58 AM
they said he was out for the rest of the season without doubt so must be serious not a cut n stitch job

Jonlem
26-07-09, 01:52 AM
Don't click this if you dont want to see his injury

http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/formulakuvat/kilpailut/2009/755343.jpg

Big_Chap
26-07-09, 01:55 AM
Thats pretty much what killed senna, if he makes a full recovery he's a very lucky man. Reply shows it hit side on, if it was rotated 90 degrees it would have piecred his helmet like a bullet and would probably been a different outcome.

Hope he's back and fully fit for the next gp!!!

Big_Chap
26-07-09, 02:00 AM
Don't click this if you dont want to see his injury

http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/formulakuvat/kilpailut/2009/755343.jpg

Oft, where'd you find that? Think that's a bit tastless taking photos of a man who could be fatally injured! (I know it wasn't you Jon lol)

Jonlem
26-07-09, 02:08 AM
I did think that, I just robbed it off another forum, I can't say he looks all that well in that photo although to be fair If I'd just been hit in the head by a coilspring at 150mph I suspect I wouldn't be looking too great either.

Lets hope he makes a full recovery

~~joycey~~
26-07-09, 04:32 AM
Oft, where'd you find that? Think that's a bit tastless taking photos of a man who could be fatally injured! (I know it wasn't you Jon lol)

His head looks very swollen i bet it was very difficult getting his helmet off! :confused:

Hobbit
26-07-09, 05:51 AM
BBC:
"During the course of his examination they established that he suffered a serious, life-threatening injuries including loss of consciousness and a fracture of the forehead on the left side and a fracture on the base of the skull."

Burgo is right, he's very lucky he managed to knock a bit of speed off, hope he's ok :confused:

Rysee
26-07-09, 10:35 AM
How long before they have an enclosed car, cock pit style?

Big_Chap
26-07-09, 11:17 AM
How long before they have an enclosed car, cock pit style?
Or speedboat style

dj_wudgey
26-07-09, 11:18 AM
was bad this!! not more than a week or two since the surtee's lad died!!

Ste L
26-07-09, 02:15 PM
His head looks very swollen i bet it was very difficult getting his helmet off! :confused:

would of been cut off if anything

gunny
26-07-09, 02:27 PM
BBC1 said he was talking and perfectly fine? :confused: Sounds like someone cocked up :(

Appologies for my pic as the above is what i had heard too, hope he makes a full recovery.

GDN16v
26-07-09, 03:17 PM
He is supposedly fine after an opertaion and in an induced coma until the swelling subsides!!

Tidy Max
26-07-09, 04:02 PM
did anyone ever see the video of michael schumacckckcers helmet being driven over by a tank, it barely marked it!

really must of had soem force behind it that spring!

mowgli
26-07-09, 04:06 PM
did anyone ever see the video of michael schumacckckcers helmet being driven over by a tank, it barely marked it!

really must of had some force behind it that spring!

tanks are low ground pressure vehicles.....

massa just had a forse far worse than a baseball bat on his forehead.......

he may never make it back 100%, i hope he does, but f1 is a rapidly moving, unsentimental thing. there will be every driver's manager in the known universe on the phone to marinello by tomorrow morning

Tidy Max
26-07-09, 04:09 PM
that makes sense mowgli!

poor geezer, he looks shagged in that pic! didnt erton sennor (sp) get done in with his steering column?

GDN16v
26-07-09, 04:10 PM
there will be every driver's manager in the known universe on the phone to marinello by tomorrow morning

I think you mean as soon as he was injured! Sad but true!:(

mowgli
26-07-09, 04:19 PM
that makes sense mowgli!

poor geezer, he looks shagged in that pic! didnt ayrton senna (sp) get done in with his steering column?

180mph and a shard of suspension upright.....they reported that he was conscious after the crash too, but you could tell by the body language of senna's rescue team that it was terminal.

but in the old days, they had pretty much no driver safety stuff, now they have a way better chance of survival. time for helmet redesigns I think. they have been designed aerodynamically for about 15 years & now they should look at sharp object impacts

GDN16v
26-07-09, 04:29 PM
180mph and a shard of suspension upright.....they reported that he was conscious after the crash too, but you could tell by the body language of senna's rescue team that it was terminal.

but in the old days, they had pretty much no driver safety stuff, now they have a way better chance of survival. time for helmet redesigns I think. they have been designed aerodynamically for about 15 years & now they should look at sharp object impacts

They are designed to take sharp object impacts front on, but not a suspension strut/bar! They wont redesign the helmets as it is a freak accident that happens once every so often!

Lee
26-07-09, 04:33 PM
Hope he makes a full recovery! Pity it wasnt ****tenen. Thats harsh I know but meh, its always the nice guy who gets hurt.

I place my bet now that a certain German takes his seat for the rest of the season.

mowgli
26-07-09, 04:34 PM
maybe getting some more rules about fitment and security of components would be a good idea.......

and making rules about wheel tethers on lower forulae is now overdue......

GDN16v
26-07-09, 04:36 PM
Pity it wasnt ****tenen.

Who's that!?:confused:

I doubt Schumacher will take over! More than likely to be Luca Badoer!;)

mowgli
26-07-09, 04:36 PM
I place my bet now that a certain German takes his seat for the rest of the season.

luca badoer & marc gene are the official reserves, but you can't help but think that bernie is sorting something out, especially cos it will smother the media interest in the breakaway next year

Hobbit
28-07-09, 05:20 AM
Heard on the news tonight he's condition is no longer life threatening but has eye damage that could end his career :(

Matt
28-07-09, 09:40 AM
Heard on the news tonight he's condition is no longer life threatening but has eye damage that could end his career :(

Doctors said Massa, last year's championship runner-up, may have also suffered an eye injury but could not yet tell the extent of any possible damage.

That's what I've read dismorning, apparently all else is well.

Pistol Pete
28-07-09, 10:11 AM
Horrible and freak accident for Massa. I was quite harsh in my criticism of him last year, but regardless, i hope he makes a good recovery and retuns to F1.

..or a certain Spainard??!! ;) If Massa is out for the season, and there is talk of Kimi not being there next year...

Or even Sebastien Bourdais! How much of a 2 fingered salute would that be to STR after they cruelly dumped him before their updates and replaced him with a complete and utter noob!!!!:confused: :wtf: :roll:

paulwar
28-07-09, 10:38 AM
the blokes very very very very lucky it wasn't a bit lower

but then a bit of metal hitting you at 180mph thats going to hurt if not cause damage.

you think if he handn't had a helmet on he would have been killed instantly.

http://www.ac-photos.biz/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=72946

look at yellow car look towards passenger side look at mateys helmet!!!!!

i do banger racing, and i've headbutted the steering wheel a few times quiet hard, also hit head on B piller etc. it's amazing how strong a helmet can be and how one can save a life.

hense it's a legal requirment for a motorbike rider to wear one, that bit of fibreglass around your head safes lifes.

Stuart
28-07-09, 11:42 AM
and also hence why in a car, use a CAR spec crash helmet.... They are designed to take multiple knocks and thuds, whereas a bike one is designed to keep dental records in tact so the body can be ID'd lol

Dod
28-07-09, 12:37 PM
Well, hopefully he recovers and recovers well. I wasnt a fan of the lad but you wouldnt want to see that happen anyone.

Hobbit
28-07-09, 02:14 PM
http://www.ac-photos.biz/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=72946

look at yellow car look towards passenger side look at mateys helmet!!!!!

bloody pikey, can even get away with hits on drivers sides :eek: ****ing ****er

Gashgusher
28-07-09, 05:32 PM
just seen

THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjafKgtX-8)

and

THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHZybt3eOAI)

get well soon felipe, hope to see you back racing next season

Lee
29-07-09, 10:54 PM

Engage Smug Mode.

Smug Mode Engaged.

Pistol Pete
29-07-09, 11:26 PM
^ lol