PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cooper 1.6 Diesel

Gashgusher
24-07-09, 07:09 PM
My mum's just ordered one and asked me if i want insuring on it seen as me nova's just making the drive look nice these days.

Not had any experience with these cars or know anyone whos got one, so just after some info/opinions if anyone has any. ta

stupot89
24-07-09, 07:31 PM
ive driven a 55 plate diesel mini and yeah there not bad good on fuel nice seatin position handled well i would get insured on it

phazer
24-07-09, 08:15 PM
Yep, not a bad motor. My mum has the Cooper D and it ain't half bad. Not that I'd want one you understand lol

Gashgusher
24-07-09, 08:18 PM
yeah ive never fancied one myself, but it is a bmw underneath so cant be all that bad. just hope its fast enough so no one sees me drivin it or asks me for a hair cut :D cheers fellas

Jack
24-07-09, 08:20 PM
:gay:

Novasport
24-07-09, 10:55 PM
yeah ive never fancied one myself, but it is a bmw underneath so cant be all that bad. just hope its fast enough so no one sees me drivin it or asks me for a hair cut :D cheers fellas

This is the reason I am glad Mini has moved off our site, customers used to come in thinking they are driving a Mini BMW. Err no, think you will find it is related more to a Peugeot! Enjoy your 207;) .

Stuart
24-07-09, 11:11 PM
the old git has a cooper S (with cosmetic works bits) and its a horrible hateful thing to drive. Possibly due to the 19" rimzzzzz but still its a pants drive for an allegedly "sporty" car lol

dj_wudgey
25-07-09, 10:06 AM
:gay:

im with rj they are a right girls car!! absoltely horrid to drive everythings so light in it!!

amggsi
25-07-09, 10:30 AM
My sister has a Cooper S, and I love getting a rip in it, such fun to drive!!

I only drive it at dark though for obvious reasons!!!

dj_wudgey
25-07-09, 10:52 AM
i really dont like them me they so uncomfy and they get worse when you get in the interior is funking awfull!!

Jack
25-07-09, 12:46 PM
The cooper S is slow as well. I embarrassed one in the Nova when it had the XE in it, much to the annoyance of the bloke driving the Mini lol

NovaBoi92
25-07-09, 12:53 PM
i drive one for driving lessons, lovely to drive and quite fast. well it would be, because ive been used to driving a nova lol

amggsi
25-07-09, 05:19 PM
The cooper S is slow as well. I embarrassed one in the Nova when it had the XE in it, much to the annoyance of the bloke driving the Mini lol

Yeah, I was a bit miffed at how slow they are standard. A smaller pulley and a remap soon sorts that problem out - they go not to bad with ~220bhp.lol

dj_wudgey
26-07-09, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I was a bit miffed at how slow they are standard. A smaller pulley and a remap soon sorts that problem out - they go not to bad with ~220bhp.lol

meh doing that to a mini is a waste off money!! when you could put the charger on something good lol

Nobby
26-07-09, 11:38 AM
i love new minis great fun to drive!!

dj_wudgey
26-07-09, 11:41 AM
i love new minis great fun to drive!!

i hate them me i thought they were ****!! a subaru justy was more fun lol

amggsi
26-07-09, 11:45 AM
meh doing that to a mini is a waste off money!! when you could put the charger on something good lol

I think there was about £300 spent on it in total, so wasn't a whole pile of money involved!!

The 1.6 diesel ones go well with a remap, mates girlfriend has one. If they weren't so girly looking I reckon I'd have one for driving to work!!!lol

Avoid the old shape 1.4d's at all costs though, they are unbelievably slow.....

dj_wudgey
26-07-09, 11:51 AM
I think there was about £300 spent on it in total, so wasn't a whole pile of money involved!!

The 1.6 diesel ones go well with a remap, mates girlfriend has one. If they weren't so girly looking I reckon I'd have one for driving to work!!!lol

Avoid the old shape 1.4d's at all costs though, they are unbelievably slow.....

id still rather not spend 300 on one id rather not have one thier sh*te!! well thats my opinion any way lol