PDA

View Full Version : ~ Omg! Help! ~

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 12:50 AM
hi guys, as some of you know, he headlights have stopped working, refer to my post below

right guys,

my headlights have worked fine as long as ive had my saloon,

tried them in the garage earlier, and theyre not working,

the rear lights, and front side lights work fine, on the first click of the knob, try it on second and the headlights dont come on

however, if you use the high beam one, the one you thanks road users or give way to road users at night, that works fine,

Any idea's? mot soon :(

Thanks

well, basiclly, im stumped over it, im thinking theres a short somewhere, basiclly, i was fecking about earlier, put the fans on, and the rev meter on the digi reads 3k, when the engine isnt even runnning!

has anyone had similar problems? its Pissin me off!

rep for anyone who can spare the time and bring some possibilities to me

Thanks

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 12:58 AM
Have you checked the eaths dude get a jumper cable and run it from the block to the negative on the battery, and just go over the wiring make sure no cuts or dodgey wiring!

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 01:02 AM
gonna give the wiring a once over tomorrow,

i cant see why its doing it, its always been fine,

as for the neg to the block, surely it wouldnt fire or summat,

altho, saying that, my batt is being drained uber fast, every time i try it its flat!!!, even once its been running for a bit,

everything is working fine except the headlights an the fact my revo has gained an extra function, i.e measuring the speed of my blowers lol

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 01:07 AM
hmm thats doesnt sound good, sounds like either a short, and no by doing the jumper cable from somewhere on the block to the negative you just make the earth connection better. also follow wires under the dash or even take the dash off and go over wires to make sure no splits or worn away!

burgo
24-07-09, 03:03 AM
you bin fiddling with any of the earths behind the dash?? try the relays aswell

Jack
24-07-09, 08:32 AM
Definitely some dodgy wiring there somewhere. Have you made any changes to the wiring? If not, I'd say you've either got a broken earth somewhere, or a relay has packed up (more than likely the headlight one). If you have, then... depends what you've broken lol

[edit] Just noticed you've got a digidash? Did you chop the digi loom onto the Nova one? I should check that.

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 10:58 AM
yeah, i got the digi dash in, works fine, im thinking crossed wire somewhere tbh, for the digi to read the speed of the blowers, lol

havnt touch the front end other than the bumper, only wiring ive been doing is changing my speakers in the back, surely that wouldnt affect it,

im gonna spend a while working on it in a bit, il kep you all updated.

and yes rj, its the plug wired onto the nova wiring,

Cheers

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 11:00 AM
you bin fiddling with any of the earths behind the dash?? try the relays aswell

dont know if this is any consilation , but usually, when you turn the headlights on on a mk2, you gert a click from the relay? well mine doesnt do anything, lol, no noise etc,

im thinking dead switch, or relay, but il check the wiring anyways,

Cheers

Welshy
24-07-09, 11:01 AM
check relay befor you take dash out to check wiering, swap it over for one that works (i know youve probably got one) if that doesnt work, try the switch then check the fuses! :thumb:

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 11:14 AM
fuses fine, relays, i have no spares, lol,

dont have a spare switch either,

Welshy
24-07-09, 11:28 AM
you have anouther nova dont you??

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 11:29 AM
nah, sold it, and it was a mk1, where as the one im having trouble with, is a mk2

Welshy
24-07-09, 11:33 AM
yeah but the relays are the same.....
god knows i tryed and i faild, off to a place called hook now, text me later dude x

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 11:44 AM
ok mate, might give you a ring later,

burgo
24-07-09, 05:15 PM
to test if its the relay you can whip it out and by pass it