PDA

View Full Version : Intellestart wiring Help!

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 12:18 AM
Bought this Unit After looking at the wiring under the dash i am not perticularly clued as to which one goes where.

On the loom Coming from the ignition barrel there is four wires
Red
Black/Red
Thick Black
Slightly Thinner Black

Have to wire up as in the diagram below, Without heater 2 and ignition 2 as the nova loom doesnt have theese so you leave them out,
Anybody know's which one goes to the wires above, or other ones elsewhere in the loom possibly, but highly unlikely!

Help is appreciated and +rep to anyone and everyone that helps :thumb:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/pirrip/Colourwiring.jpg

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 01:10 AM
anyone with an intellestart system on a nova point me in there direction please!

brainsnova
24-07-09, 02:30 AM
ignition red, black/red starter and the two blacks not sure which goes where but all this needs seconded.

Jack
24-07-09, 08:15 AM
I have remote start on mine although its deactivated at the moment.

I'll look out the info I had about connecting it up. Won't be able to do it right away though. I can't see the diagram you posted either as PB is blocked at work.

Do you have a Haynes? Its a must if you're doing electrical work.

From memory (don't count on this, I'll check later) thick red = power in, red/black = starter, blacks are switched lives.

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 12:09 PM
ignition red, black/red starter and the two blacks not sure which goes where but all this needs seconded.

Yeh its thoose black ones it what i really needed help on, but that kinda confirm that red is ignition adn black red is starter!

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 12:13 PM
I have remote start on mine although its deactivated at the moment.

I'll look out the info I had about connecting it up. Won't be able to do it right away though. I can't see the diagram you posted either as PB is blocked at work.

Do you have a Haynes? Its a must if you're doing electrical work.

From memory (don't count on this, I'll check later) thick red = power in, red/black = starter, blacks are switched lives.

Yeh do have a haynes, but around the ignition is rather odd. and take it then red is ignition? if power in? or am i wrong. but when you do get the time see whats yours is doing, cause im rather confused on mine! :thumb:

Novaboi_1991
24-07-09, 12:24 PM
should be able to see this RJ

http://www.f1pcs.co.uk/photoshop/diagram.jpg

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 12:36 PM
cheers Joe, Think i May of worked it, looked at the haynes
Red is off the battery so i take it thats ignition?
Start it Black / red
Accessory is the thin Black
And heater is thick Black

I believe this because one wire comes off which say SW2.5 (SW mewaning colour black and i take it 2.5 is the thickness?) and that goes to component 298 which is heater blower motor! and the other wire it shows coming off doesnt have a colour but it runs all the way through the car and says 15 so im taking that accessory. Now im hoping correct? or have ai got the black wires the wrong way round?

Jack
24-07-09, 02:18 PM
^ that sounds right.

You should find the wires coming from the intellistart box are different sizes that pretty much match up to the ignition wire sizes. And yeah, 2.5 is the wire size.

Grey/orange and orange/grey I guess you just leave disconnected.

nova_saloon
24-07-09, 08:33 PM
^ that sounds right.

You should find the wires coming from the intellistart box are different sizes that pretty much match up to the ignition wire sizes. And yeah, 2.5 is the wire size.

Grey/orange and orange/grey I guess you just leave disconnected.

messaged the guy that gave me the Intellestart module and i asked him about the accessory and heater which ones are theese he said this to me.

You won't need them only ignition and stater. You'll need to make the connections on the outputs of the concept 650. Find the control unit and you'll have 8 black wires coming from the immobilser loom. 2 of these go to earth, 2 to +12v (so you can make your positive connection there) and the other four are the immobiliser wires. You need to jion the intellistart wires onto the start and ignition outputs from the intellistart. Inputs for the immobiliser will be on the keyside (or closest to the ignition) the outputs will be the other side. You shouldn't need to connect the tach wire as you should already have this connected through your concept 650.

Still unsure by this, Where exactly to connect now, wether to connect the intellestart wires closer to the Ignition barrel or after where the immobilser is! so i need some light shed on it!