PDA

View Full Version : Mot related (another one)

Spudly
23-07-09, 11:35 PM
Right my cav is in for mot tomorrow afternoon, ive sorted my insurance to start in an hour or so to make sure im covered (cheers sky)

I know you can legally take a vehicle without mot or tax to an mot station (aslong as youre insured to do so) which i intend to do tomorrow, but my question is, ive not had time to rinse her over since a week or so ago, and she needs fuel, so im thinking seen as how my local petrol station is 30 seconds from my house and about 5 seconds in the wrong direction to my test center, what would happen if i were to run to petrol station and give my cav a quick clean in the jetwash and put some fuel in (fuel that i will need to get her there as she has none in her) what would a copper think if i were to be stopped, would it be a simple, i need fuel otherwise i wont make it there and im not taking her for an mot covered in tree sap, or could the copper do me if he were being a twunt?

Opinons/ideas welcomed please peeps!

7ova
23-07-09, 11:40 PM
depends what mood the coppers in?

but then again if your test was say at 2pm
and you were on your way around 1.30
can't see it being a problem.

Asa-James
23-07-09, 11:41 PM
wash it on your drive in the morning and make a few trips on foot with a jerry can. duh!

Tim-SR
23-07-09, 11:42 PM
clean it on your drive! lol i think you should be ok if you need fuel you need fuel dont you.

dj_wudgey
23-07-09, 11:43 PM
i agree wash it on the drive then fill up he will probrably think your taking the p*ss if your washing it lol

stupot89
23-07-09, 11:43 PM
if you need fuel then you will be ok as your car need to have sufficiant fuel for the mot ie emissions test ect and just give it a swill off anyways dont think you will get into any bother for it

MK999
23-07-09, 11:45 PM
Plus if you get caught by a tax mobile camera van or something you can't say it was on the way to the MOT station. I wouldn't risk it myself.

edit: was meant to go under wudgeys post

Tim-SR
23-07-09, 11:45 PM
tbh i dont even think you'll see a copper anyways but there is always a chance.

dj_wudgey
23-07-09, 11:46 PM
tbh i dont even think you'll see a copper anyways but there is always a chance.

a big one if you live in dony lol

Spudly
23-07-09, 11:46 PM
I would if i werent at work in the morning, see its not as simple as that asa, the alternator is still fudged, so (takes deep breath...) she is off to my mates work for mot (anytime i turn up) so im re-fitting battery (which has been on charge last night and today) running her for fuel and a wash as soon as ive done battery, then taking her for mot and dropping her off at my mates work and he will squeeze her in as soon as he can, (if) she passes im off for the mot cert and running to the local posty to tax her, then she is back to mine so i can pull the alt off tomorrow night and take it to the local alternator/starter repair garrage to get sorted sat morning and refit sat afternoon, im praying it all goes to plan as ive been without a car for two weeks now and im ferking bored lol

Ben
23-07-09, 11:47 PM
I bought Dave's GSi in Liverpool and drove it to the mot test center in bristol as it wa booked in !

Spudly
23-07-09, 11:48 PM
I bought Dave's GSi in Liverpool and drove it to the mot test center in bristol as it wa booked in !

Class man i likes, i reckon i should be alright just my luck is poo so i wanted other opinions tbh lol

Ben
23-07-09, 11:50 PM
ohhhh just remembered can you get me a stereo code for standard fit renault?

7ova
23-07-09, 11:51 PM
make sure your mate at the garage know's your reg number

if the cops do stop you they could ring the garage to check its booked in!

Spudly
23-07-09, 11:57 PM
It is booked in anyways, i text him last week to book it and this morning to double check, but its officially in for a legit mot so i shouldnt have any probs with it!

Ben ill try but i cant promise as were sposed to do it through the computer and charge, pm me reg and ill give it a go:thumb:

Jack
24-07-09, 12:13 AM
Legally, no. You're supposed to drive directly to the MOT station, and directly home (if it fails). A copper would tell you to fill a jerry can, and wash the car on your drive.

However, its highly unlikely a copper would be around so your chances of being nicked are slim

Spudly
24-07-09, 07:12 PM
Did it and had no problems, and she passed so im a happy bunny cos ive got me cav back whoop whoop lol

Tidy Max
24-07-09, 07:28 PM
i wish i cared this much about driving without a mot!!

Spudly
24-07-09, 07:52 PM
i wish i cared this much about driving without a mot!!

I used to be young and stupid but for the amount of greif and crap they can sling at you these days its not worth the risk of driving without, plus ive seen how impounded vehicles are treat, i aint letting my cav or my nova get impounded..... EVER!

Rob
24-07-09, 08:31 PM
woop woop youve got ya cav back on the road :thumb: ,do ya still need me to come over sunday for some mincing or ya sorted now

General Baxter
24-07-09, 09:16 PM
now get it down here puff lol

Spudly
24-07-09, 09:17 PM
I will do next month bud as getting her back on the road has cleared me out for this month:cry:

blue_peg_16v
24-07-09, 09:42 PM
wezel is back

Spudly
24-07-09, 10:01 PM
Aye she is indeed and its like driving a comfy sofa bed compared to me nova lol