PDA

View Full Version : spud - Mountain bike

General Baxter
23-07-09, 04:53 PM
help, i want to get back into biking, useing it for work and jollies,

i used to to 15-20miles aday on my old one, then i got a motorbike and found the sandwhich shack lol

im 6ft 3"
inside leg of 24"

what frame ect do i need

Jack
23-07-09, 04:58 PM
A very very strong one? lol

General Baxter
23-07-09, 05:00 PM
oi lol

just cus you need a v6 to lug you about lol

Tidy Max
23-07-09, 05:40 PM
if you want one to last get a full susser with suspension that you can lock out,

but other than that, a decent built hard tail, kona do some good build decent price ones, ebay ftw when it comes to mountain bikes

mowgli
23-07-09, 05:46 PM
i'm guessing the inside leg measurement is wrong.. . or your 4rse is very low.

General Baxter
23-07-09, 05:46 PM
im a barracuda man myself, had them since i was 10 lol

Mike
23-07-09, 05:49 PM
Specialized or Kona. Canney beat them IMHO. Altho, looking at the new GT range id be persuaded if I was out to buy.

GDN16v
23-07-09, 06:08 PM
help, i want to get back into biking, useing it for work and jollies,

im 6ft 3"
inside leg of 24"

what frame ect do i need
19 inch frame, or a large (some manufactures use this sizing)

Look at Cube, Commencal, Kona, GT, Trek Giant etc Specialized tend to spec bikes with theyre own buget brand parts and they are crap!

www.wiggle.co.uk (http://www.wiggle.co.uk) are doing a Giant Yukon FX 3 2008 full suspension bike for £455 - just got my cousin one and he loves it!:thumb:

Try not to buy second hand, but if you do take someone with you who knows what theyre looking for (if you dont) in damage and frame checks!

Mike
23-07-09, 06:12 PM
19 inch frame, or a large (some manufactures use this sizing)

Look at Cube, Commencal, Kona, GT, Trek Giant etc Specialized tend to spec bikes with theyre own buget brand parts and they are crap!

www.wiggle.co.uk (http://www.wiggle.co.uk) are doing a Giant Yukon FX 3 2008 full suspension bike for £455 - just got my cousin one and he loves it!:thumb:

Try not to buy second hand, but if you do take someone with you who knows what theyre looking for (if you dont) in damage and frame checks!

They werent crap 5 years ago? They that bad now??

General Baxter
23-07-09, 06:19 PM
www.wiggle.co.uk (http://www.wiggle.co.uk)

lol i dont seem to find £1000 to £5000 for a push bike lol

GDN16v
23-07-09, 06:24 PM
lol i dont seem to find £1000 to £5000 for a push bike lol
On the home page, click on the full suspension mtbs in the left hand menu, scroll down and its on the left hand side of the page!;)

Spudly
23-07-09, 06:40 PM
Fackin hell he dont want a large frame, he wont have any room to maneuver on the bike lol

Mines a carrera vulcan 2008 disc spec in an 18", the way i used to measure frames wouldve made this a 17" but they dont measure them the same anymore lol

Ive swapped the suntour forks to rock shox dart2's and the tektro cable disc brakes to avid elixir R hydraulic discs, i would recommend you a hardtail nick as its so much easier commuting on and still a blast on the rough stuffs too!

Back in the day i always thought carreras were shoite but they seem to have improved vastly in the last few years and mines only a temp frame to upgrade everything on before i swap to a better framset once ive become more comptent on my bike again, id be looking towards carreras, GT's, or giant if i were you bud:thumb:

GDN16v
23-07-09, 06:48 PM
Fackin hell he dont want a large frame, he wont have any room to maneuver on the bike lol

He's 6ft 3, he doesnt want to be crunched up on his stead!

Some manufacturers class large as 18 inch + so he may need a large depending on where he buys!;)

Riggy
23-07-09, 06:50 PM
baxter you big gay bear , you posted me any prezzies yet

General Baxter
23-07-09, 06:51 PM
baxter you big gay bear , you posted me any prezzies yet

yes last week, on snail post lol

Spudly
23-07-09, 07:05 PM
He's 6ft 3, he doesnt want to be crunched up on his stead!

Some manufacturers class large as 18 inch + so he may need a large depending on where he buys!;)

He is same height as me and mines a 17" (the way i measure them, center of bb to center of top tube) :p

Southie
23-07-09, 07:14 PM
Have a look on here. It's American though. :roll:

XXXXL SIZE WOW (http://www.zinncycles.com/mountain.php)