PDA

View Full Version : Needed urgent help with paypal business account

BIGS
23-07-09, 02:09 PM
Right they want to know a business account details even tho ive not got one just sell on ebay. Now they have asked for "Percentage of annual revenue from online sales"

Now what does this mean? Is it a % of the money what i keep / earn ?

Thanks in advance for the replys :thumb:

Lee
23-07-09, 02:11 PM
Are you running a business from ebay or are you just selling a lot of stuff?

BIGS
23-07-09, 02:11 PM
Just selling lots of stuff

MK999
23-07-09, 02:14 PM
I'd tell em to naff off and mind their own then? It's all private sales so why should you need a business account? :tard:

BIGS
23-07-09, 02:15 PM
I dont know, i earned alot of money in a short time. but the problem is its not my paypal account so i cant call them to sort it out.

Lee
23-07-09, 02:17 PM
Trouble is, you see, is the Government see ebay as a way for people to sell lots of stuff as a means to make a living, in which case they want to recieve a percentage from you. The only way ebay can do what they do is by investigating people who earn a lot of money on the site.

Id just email them telling them its not a business account because you are not running a business, you have a lot of stuff to sell and will be happy to sell it by other means if it is a problem.

How much have you sold on ebay this year so far money wise? (PM me if you dont want this to be public)

BIGS
23-07-09, 02:23 PM
Yea thats the trouble, but tbh i dont mind setting it up because i wont use it much. its just ive got money on there and cant get it out till i do this. And ive only made between £3000 - £4000 this year so not a great amount at all

Lee
23-07-09, 02:25 PM
TBH 4K would be enough for them to start questioning it. Its probably the fact that they are missing out on charging you for a business account more than anything.

BIGS
23-07-09, 02:26 PM
Yea thats probley it, anything to make extra money on they will

BIGS
23-07-09, 02:28 PM
Hmm ive just read it again. Does it mean how much of my income is based on online sales?

Mike
23-07-09, 03:12 PM
TBH 4K would be enough for them to start questioning it. Its probably the fact that they are missing out on charging you for a business account more than anything.

Im royally fcuked then :(

bmw156
23-07-09, 03:52 PM
Right they want to know a business account details even tho ive not got one just sell on ebay. Now they have asked for "Percentage of annual revenue from online sales"

Now what does this mean? Is it a % of the money what i keep / earn ?

Thanks in advance for the replys :thumb:

i think it means "what % of your total income in online"

so for example you earn 30k total a year and 4k is online income then about 11% is your "Percentage of annual revenue from online sales"

just to say I THINK lol

craig green
23-07-09, 04:07 PM
They have you by the balls though (your money that is). I'd call them & plead your case.

Lee
24-07-09, 11:33 AM
This is one of the things I love about this country.

You are taxed on your earnings. Then, when you go and buy something, you are taxed on it. Now, when you decide you dont want it anymore, they want to tax you on what you earn from selling it. Then, whoever gets your stuff when you die has to pay tax on their inheritance!

Jack
24-07-09, 11:35 AM
Yes yes, but all this tax pays for my holi- er I mean work trips abroad, so its all very good and must keep happening.

BIGS
24-07-09, 11:38 AM
Well its all sorted now :d thanks to all that has helped :thumb:

MK999
24-07-09, 11:47 AM
This is one of the things I love about this country.

You are taxed on your earnings. Then, when you go and buy something, you are taxed on it. Now, when you decide you dont want it anymore, they want to tax you on what you earn from selling it. Then, whoever gets your stuff when you die has to pay tax on their inheritance!

You forgot to mention it's all about 2-3x at least, what other countries seem to pay lol Apart from fuel tax, which is a very reasonable, well, must be about 300% by now I guess?

Lee
24-07-09, 11:57 AM
TBH, after spending last week in Sweden, i will never complain about how expensive stuff is anymore.

Sat down with 3 collegues when we got there. I had a burger and a SMALL beer., so did another gut. The other two had two SMALL beers. Bill came to the equivilent of £50!

Our record for eating out was £120 for a small meal with a drink each lol

MK999
24-07-09, 12:00 PM
that just begs the question, whats the average wage in sweden? I'm thinking take a weeks food and fly back at the weekends lol

Lee
24-07-09, 12:05 PM
Thats the thing, apparently its very good, hense why a load of Danes work over there and just hop over the border to spend it lol

The women are unbelievable as well. We took a tally throughout the week of how many girls we saw who we wouldnt stick our little men into. It ended up being 12! I would reach that tally in London withing 5 seconds lol

mowgli
24-07-09, 12:09 PM
back at the thread.... why not just start up another bank account, and then put your new ebay account into it???? every so often...

brainsnova
24-07-09, 12:35 PM
i had my account frozen. i could recieve and send payment but could'nt withdraw until i added a credit card. i ignored it for 10 months then they unfrooze it and i withdrew straight away lol

BIGS
24-07-09, 02:03 PM
back at the thread.... why not just start up another bank account, and then put your new ebay account into it???? every so often...

Because i needed to sort this account out. i had £300 in there that i needed to get out. I will sort out a new account soon tho