PDA

View Full Version : Holidays...

Ben
23-07-09, 12:10 PM
Where is everyone going on holiday this year? (or been)

wwmnw
23-07-09, 12:12 PM
Costa Del Nowhere :(

Welsh Dan
23-07-09, 12:19 PM
I went to South Africa last month, and we're hoping to drive to Berlin and Brussels for a short trip if we get the oppertunity.

Ben
23-07-09, 12:27 PM
Where did you go in S.A Dan?

Im going for a month in September, used to live there many years ago but not been back for 17 years!

Ben
23-07-09, 12:28 PM
And just a bit of advice, Brussels is a bit of a disapointment, Gent, Brugge and Antwerp are far nicer cities.

General Baxter
23-07-09, 12:30 PM
iv had mine, nats, pv, and burgos bbq lol

Southie
23-07-09, 12:34 PM
iv had mine, nats, pv, and burgos bbq lol
Living the dream lol

General Baxter
23-07-09, 12:35 PM
the dream was making it there lol

Welsh Dan
23-07-09, 12:35 PM
Thanks Ben.

We flew to Cape Town, spent a few days there, then drove to Knysna for a long weekend before driving back to Cape Town for another week.

Ben
23-07-09, 12:44 PM
I used lo live 5 miles outside Mossel Bay and know the garden route well. Knysna used to be anamazing place really hoping it still is.

We have rented a car as well, what was it like driving there as obviously never done that, was the situation as bad as we hear over here.

Chat to lots of people i went to school with there and they say its mostly blown out of proprtion.

Lee
23-07-09, 12:45 PM
Im working all over Europe at the moment, so the last thing I want to do is go away in my spare time.

wwmnw
23-07-09, 12:52 PM
I would love to go to South Africa, I have even prepared for it by learning some Afrikaans, Hoe gaan dit, See :d

Ben
23-07-09, 12:58 PM
I would love to go to South Africa, I have even prepared for it by learning some Afrikaans, Hoe gaan dit, See :d

lol there are far more english speaking south africans than afrikaaners!

Ben
23-07-09, 12:58 PM
Im working all over Europe at the moment, so the last thing I want to do is go away in my spare time.

Next time your driving past me bring me some supplies then lol

Welsh Dan
23-07-09, 01:01 PM
I used lo live 5 miles outside Mossel Bay and know the garden route well. Knysna used to be anamazing place really hoping it still is.

We have rented a car as well, what was it like driving there as obviously never done that, was the situation as bad as we hear over here.

Chat to lots of people i went to school with there and they say its mostly blown out of proprtion.

Yeah Knysna was nice when we were there. Driving over there is great, the roads are better than ours and everyone moves over to let faster moving vehicles get past. We rented a 1.6 Focus - not quick enough to keep speed up some of the hills lol. We had no trouble from anyone, nor did we see any.

Ben
23-07-09, 01:03 PM
Yeah Knysna was nice when we were there. Driving over there is great, the roads are better than ours and everyone moves over to let faster moving vehicles get past. We rented a 1.6 Focus - not quick enough to keep speed up some of the hills lol. We had no trouble from anyone, nor did we see any.

Thanks Dan thats just what i wanted to hear!

wwmnw
23-07-09, 01:13 PM
lol there are far more english speaking south africans than afrikaaners!

So I wasted all that time learning Afrikaans only to find out I wasted all that time? Baie dankie! :p

Ben
23-07-09, 01:16 PM
At school we had class's such as 3e (english) and 3a (afrikaans) and didnt they hate each other lol.

wwmnw
23-07-09, 01:19 PM
Who is it that speaks in clicks over in SA? That is trippy ****!

Ben
23-07-09, 01:39 PM
Xhosa (sp?)

MK999
23-07-09, 01:43 PM
I was offered a trip to paris with the family, said I didn't fancy it and got given £50 towards my PV expenses, avoided frenchland and got £50, win win lol

In all seriousness though I would have gone but my family are stereotypical british tourists, so going away involves travelling somewhere to do something we can do at home anyway, I found this out in spain 2 years ago and have had a free-house-holiday every year since lol

Stuart
23-07-09, 01:45 PM
Trip to oxford for one night (it will feel like a weeks holiday though lol) in mid aug and then long weekend at centre parcs (not my choice but hey) in sept then off for the annual trip to Cornwall in november for good beer, some mincing in the sea and eating too much. WIN

MK999
23-07-09, 01:48 PM
Trip to oxford for one night (it will feel like a weeks holiday though lol)

Don't take a car, you'll be hated by 95% of the population there lol Plus your roadkill count will be 3 cyclists, and the police don't like that. The cyclists around there are far thicker when it comes to getting out the way of cars than your average french pheasant though, really :tard:

Stuart
23-07-09, 01:49 PM
Don't take a car, you'll be hated by 95% of the population there lol Plus your roadkill count will be 3 cyclists, and the police don't like that. The cyclists around there are far thicker when it comes to getting out the way of cars than your average french pheasant though, really :tard:

I'm used to clipping the retards in Cambridge, so it wont phase me in the slightest to hit one in Oxford in the vx

MK999
23-07-09, 01:53 PM
I'd never even come close to hitting a cyclist back home as I was cycling around for a few years before I passed and leave plenty of space etc as I know what it's like having a BMW attempting to touch wing mirror to handlebars. Clipped a fair few in oxford though and nearly ****ted one that tried pulling out on me... seriously, car vs bike who did they think was gonna win lol dozy cow nearly spread herself across my front wing but decided to abort at the last second after hearing 3-4 people shout "...the fcuk!?!"

Jack
23-07-09, 03:27 PM
Antwerp
Just don't get distracted driving round it and end up on some side road with a tram driving at you lol

I went to Cornwall in June, had a week down there with a lass I know from Sennen. I like going down there as its quiet (I go relatively off-season, early June or September), I know my way round, and everyone speaks the same Language - I'm from Somerset so don't have a problem understanding the accent lol

Above all, I like to relax on hol. I hate airports and the hustle and bustle there, and cramped up flights to wherever. I've been abroad many a time with work (spent over a week in the Caribbean last year, whilst only doing a days worth of work lol), who pay for club class and top hotels, so if I went abroad myself I'd have to pay for top accomodation and flights else it wouldn't feel right. I've got a trip due late this year, but not sure where yet; I've also been offered a seat on a Tristar to Cyprus. Free flights FTW :d

I'd much rather drive a few hours, then have some time to myself, sit on some quiet beaches, do a few tourist attraction type things, then go to the Blue Anchor with some of the peoples from Culdrose and get tw#tted on Spingo lol

raymond
23-07-09, 04:38 PM
went to fuerteventura in march
blackpool for a few days last week

we had some booked but had to cancel due to my gf being pregnant they was

mexico- cancun
majorca-x2

Riggy
23-07-09, 05:42 PM
went to the algave for a week in june , hence missing pv lol

smcgsi16v
23-07-09, 06:08 PM
Going to the Costa del Westward Hooooooooo! Going on the saturday evening that Combe is for a week.

Go there every year about the same time.

I seem to prefer holidaying in this country more as I get older.

NovaLad
23-07-09, 06:19 PM
Turkey in september.

folkyc20xe
23-07-09, 07:43 PM
I'm from Holland but I'm gonna visit the uk on my vacation. . :D

sulphur
23-07-09, 07:45 PM
Went to Goa, India for 3 weeks in March. Funking loved it!!

Aiming for Florida in October, hopefully for 3 weeks again, and back to Goa maybe next Feb. :thumb:

stevie-p
23-07-09, 07:45 PM
I'm from Holland but I'm gonna visit the uk on my vacation. . :D

dont bother go somewhere nice:thumb:

wwmnw
23-07-09, 07:54 PM
dont bother go somewhere nice:thumb:

lol Funny but true.

folkyc20xe
23-07-09, 07:59 PM
But I'd have to find out if it's nice or not :P
Going with the misses, you guys know how that goes :O