PDA

View Full Version : Im homeless!

kelbelle
22-07-09, 01:46 PM
My mum got taken to court for rent arrears and the court has ordered us out. We live in a council house owned by Heritage housing and they want us out in 2 weeks!!!
That's my mum, my 2 brothers, 2 sisters, me, my sister's boyfriend, 6 cats, one kitten, a hamster and a dog to find a 4 bedroom rented house in 2 weeks!!!
My mum is on benefits and my oldest brother is working full time, Im still at uni till end of august so only work part time, my sis at college so only working full time over the summer holidays and her bf got fired and so is unemployed hence being at our house!

WTF are we going to do! Basically the second I finish my degree I need a full time job so my older brother and I can support our entire family and he has a gf and 8 weeks old son to support who live in kent!

Had a enough atm I really have! :mad::(:cry:

mowgli
22-07-09, 01:52 PM
maybe these people: http://www.itv.com/Lifestyle/jeremykyle/beaguest/default.html

no, seriously, you have got a major problem there. how much was the arrears for? couldn't they come to some agreement on payment??
are there any other housing associations or councils that can house you??

Lauren
22-07-09, 01:53 PM
Christ, that's really sh.it. I have no answers for you babe.
How old is the youngest in your family? Surely they can't sling out children?

let_nova
22-07-09, 01:54 PM
iirc no council or housing assosiation can allow any person to be homeless...

Southie
22-07-09, 01:57 PM
Move into Martins. :d

Lauren
22-07-09, 01:58 PM
iirc no council or housing assosiation can allow any person to be homeless...

^ that's completely untrue, I had a similar situation a while ago except the property was privately owned by supposed 'friends' - when I called the council they asked me a set of questions, which were do I have children, do we have any disabilities, are we on benefits, etc etc, and when I answered no they said tough luck.

napalm_27
22-07-09, 01:59 PM
usually going and camping in the local council office works a treat

kelbelle
22-07-09, 01:59 PM
We owed them £1100 but my mum paid £500 right away using a Providence Loan (Yes I know!)
My littlest sister is 9, the rest of us are 16 plus but like I say we are in 6th form/college/uni!
The council may house us but in such short amount of time it will be an emergency house e.g. stupidly tiny or a homeless shelter.

Worse comes to worse we do have some options - I could go to Martins, my mum and littlest sis could go to mum's bf but he lives miles from sister's school. The rest could all go to dad's but there was recently and abso massive bust up between us kids and my dad which ended up with me and my older brother being blacklisted!

General Baxter
22-07-09, 02:03 PM
the council will do **** all to help,
they will only help you if your up the duff, or an illegal,

we were going to do it, we sold our house, but did not find anything sutible to replace it with, we asked the council if they could house use for 1 month, they said **** off :(

brake-dust
22-07-09, 02:08 PM

we'll if you need any help on the first count give us a shout lol na seriously **** situation, fight them all the way! but get in contact with the council

bmw156
22-07-09, 02:12 PM

we'll if you need any help on the first count give us a shout lol na seriously **** situation, fight them all the way! but get in contact with the council

oi lol

if anyone gets her up the duff it will be me lol

General Baxter
22-07-09, 02:16 PM
do it

the village bike lives down the road,

4 kids, 4 diff dads, she dont work, she has a P1 on the drive, nice posh house,

it makes you want to go on benefit
when my mom lost he job her council tax went from £1350per year to £100 a year

i mean WTF

burgo
22-07-09, 02:22 PM
squaters rights FTW!!!

they cant "force" you out. change the locks and tell them to **** off

projctnova
22-07-09, 02:24 PM
i hope it all sorts itself out for you. it aint a good situation. i sold my last house and moved in to mine but had a 3 week gap...i lived on my exs parents floor!

good luck

kelbelle
22-07-09, 04:41 PM
Been doing the first official tour of the supermarkets of ipswich this afternoon to scope out cardboard boxes!

Jack
22-07-09, 04:55 PM
Seek legal advice, and lodge an appeal to the courts. Appealing to the council won't work as they're unauthorised to suspend or change the terms of an eviction notice (only the courts can do that). Whilst its unlikely you won't get a reprive, you may be able to buy yourself more time.

Contact your council and ask for details of all the local housing associations. Whilst they're not ideal accommodation, it could find you a quick and cheap location to tide you over. They are required to pass on contact details for registered associations in your region.

Read (http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Keepingyourhomeevictionsandhomelessness/LosingYourHome/DG_10020839)

What happens if I am evicted?

If you are evicted you will have to find alternative accommodation for yourself and anyone else who is living with you. Tenants who are evicted for non-payment of rent are likely to be considered to have made themselves homeless intentionally, in which case the council would have no obligation to provide them with alternative accommodation (except for a short period to give them a chance to find another home for themselves).
^ essentially means, tough sh!t, you should have paid up or made other arrangements with the council before it came to this.

Why did you fall so short on the rent in the first place anyway?

Sloth
22-07-09, 05:20 PM
im sorry kelle, but jacks right. tho due toi your 9 year old your family is considered higer priority, but that only means parent and any child under 16. any co habitaint over 16 will have to go throuygh the normal channnells, i.e a hostel, whilst on the housing list. the chances of you getting housed together is 0%. sorry. looks like your moving out. why dont you and mart get your own gaff?

bmw156
22-07-09, 06:20 PM
hey guys

not sure when kelly is next on so i will try and answer a few questions

jack: i think they fell short in the first place because kellys older brother moved back in, kellys mum told the housing people and they took 3 months to sort it out, so she was3 months in debt... i think anyway....

and sloth:
me and kelly are not in a financial state yet to get our own place maybe this time next year :)

Jack
22-07-09, 06:38 PM
jack: i think they fell short in the first place because kellys older brother moved back in, kellys mum told the housing people and they took 3 months to sort it out, so she was3 months in debt... i think anyway....
If you have evidence to support that, take it to court and get the eviction quashed.

kelbelle
22-07-09, 07:44 PM
Yeah we got behind because my older brother moved back in and because we get help with the rent from the council so we had to be reassessed which took them nearly 3 months at which point the council stop paying the housing association rent and my brother payed what he roughly thought he should be.

My 16 year old brother and 19 year old sister are both still in full time education so are still considered minors.

oh and awwww Martin I didnt realise you thought that :D

let_nova
22-07-09, 07:49 PM
martin...... surely you can help kelmel?

kelbelle
22-07-09, 08:28 PM
Martin's mum have offered me a room if I find no-where else
Techinically she could fit us all in but I would never ask that of her. And its like 5 miles from my sis's school!

Been looking at 4-bed properties in my area and looking at £500-600 pcm for skanky areas

Jack
22-07-09, 08:29 PM
Any lawyer worth his salt would be all over that like an ethiopian on a Big Mac

let_nova
22-07-09, 08:29 PM
when times are hard you cant be picky ...

Dod
22-07-09, 08:34 PM
Have you considered Prostitution?

saloonwoody
22-07-09, 08:42 PM
is telling everyone on the forum gonna help you get a roof over your head ?? i think not .

Have you considered Prostitution?lol lol lol lol
funny as fook lol lol lol +rep for you

MattBrown
22-07-09, 09:14 PM
They can't evict you, if you make a minimum attempt to pay the rent!

Read up on the law, it gets very complicated!!

kelbelle
22-07-09, 09:36 PM
Saloonwoody - Your opinion is not wanted here! No, its not but Im upset and scared and worried for my family and I came on here for some advice and support.

saloonwoody
22-07-09, 09:42 PM
Saloonwoody - Your opinion is not wanted here! No, its not but Im upset and scared and worried for my family and I came on here for some advice and support.

then dont put it on an open forum :tard: wot you after ? aaahhhhhh poor you ! get over it , should have paid your rent end of .
citizens advice is where you want to be not askin a load of people on a nova forum and as for support thats wot family is for .....fcukwit:d

mowgli
22-07-09, 09:44 PM
go to a charity shop before its open & nick a couple of bin bags of clothes. put them on and get down the docks & get caught climbing out of a container. act like you can't speak english & you'll be housed by nightfall....

Seriously get Citizens Advice Bureau to help straight away.....

deanwilko
22-07-09, 09:49 PM
Yeah we got behind because my older brother moved back in and because we get help with the rent from the council so we had to be reassessed which took them nearly 3 months at which point the council stop paying the housing association rent and my brother payed what he roughly thought he should be.

My 16 year old brother and 19 year old sister are both still in full time education so are still considered minors.

oh and awwww Martin I didnt realise you thought that :D

have you got any letters stating this if so go to the citizens advice and they should help you out

MattBrown
22-07-09, 09:54 PM
Saloon woody has a point, as does everyone, if you want something, get off your ass and work for it etc, but i do also feel sorry for you!

I highly doubt youll be homeless, and get reading up on the percentage rent contribution thing :)

Jack
22-07-09, 11:12 PM
They can't evict you, if you make a minimum attempt to pay the rent!

Read up on the law, it gets very complicated!!
Unfortunately, yes they can. Non-payment of rent is considered "voluntary eviction" of the property, and this will be written into the T&Cs that they agreed to on taking up the property.

However, if its due to a council fcuk up - i.e. stopping paying their share of the rent without telling you, then you have a good case on your hands.

Lauren
22-07-09, 11:28 PM
then dont put it on an open forum :tard: wot you after ? aaahhhhhh poor you ! get over it , should have paid your rent end of .
citizens advice is where you want to be not askin a load of people on a nova forum and as for support thats wot family is for .....fcukwit:d

Why don't you stop being a f*cking knob, have you ever been in this situation? Asking a load of people on a forum won't do any harm, it's just getting an opinion. And I'm sure the last thing she needs is you being harsh!

kelbelle
23-07-09, 09:33 AM
I'm on here because we don't know what to do and so I thought I would come to a place where there is loads of people, possible some that have been in the same situation, that could give us some advice on what to do!

If you even tried to read the thread you will see we were paying our end of the rent, the council weren't.

All of us work except my mum! Unfortunately only my brother is full time because I'm doing a degree, my sister is doing NVQ's and my brother is about to start his A levels. Sorry for wanting to better ourselves! I've never met anyone with such an attitude problem!

Dod
23-07-09, 11:17 AM
Whoever said it is right, as long as you're seen to be paying something, anything regularly towards the rent they wont evect you, and with so many in the house and all still in education and your mother on benifits, they wont do anything, they might call round and have a chat or ask your Mum to come and see them for a chat but it wont go any further than that.

Jack
23-07-09, 11:18 AM
Whoever said it is right, as long as you're seen to be paying something, anything regularly towards the rent they wont evect you, and with so many in the house and all still in education and your mother on benifits, they wont do anything, they might call round and have a chat or ask your Mum to come and see them for a chat but it wont go any further than that.
Catch up Dod, they've already served the eviction notice lol

Tidy Max
23-07-09, 11:30 AM
lol i think you need 6 gigawatts up the **** dod either that or a new flux capacitor

Dod
23-07-09, 11:31 AM
I'm suffering with CBA. lol

So whats happening now, anyone care to summerise?

Mike
23-07-09, 11:34 AM
If you can raise £10k i know of 17 council houses for sale.

All are 3 bed semi detached properties. All of which need extensive work though.

Ben
23-07-09, 11:44 AM
So you want a 4 bedroom house for less than £500 a month closer than 5 miles to your sisters school and in a decent area!

Perhaps lowering your sights might make it a bit easier to solve the problem.

Lee
23-07-09, 11:46 AM
I've never met anyone with such an attitude problem!

Best way to deal with people like that is to ignore them. Dont feed the trolls :)

And I know how you feel, we were in exactly the same situe last year when Hayles' mum decided Bingo was more important than paying the rent. I had to fork our 2K to keep a roof over our heads which was the money I was going to use to move out. It was the main reason why i had to sell my car :(

If your council is anything like ours though, eviction notices are not worth the paper they are printed on. Get your mum to contact the council and work out a payment plan to clear the arrears.

Welsh Dan
23-07-09, 12:31 PM
As much as I sympathise, there are seven of you in the household that could be working, now might be a good time to put the further educations on hold for a year until you've managed to pay the debt and get some collective savings. Even if you all did agency work for minimum wage, you could have £3k+ per month coming in between you, you just have to be prepared to do any job you're given and not be picky about it.

General Baxter
23-07-09, 12:34 PM
id knock the eduction on the head tbh, its worth **** all,

my sister went to uni, has passed everything in her life, A+ everywhere, shes 25 now, never had a job, she cant even get a job at the TNT depo as shes to over quilified,

heres me, did not even got to school and picking up over £35k a year lol

Lee
23-07-09, 12:38 PM
As much as I sympathise, there are seven of you in the household that could be working, now might be a good time to put the further educations on hold for a year until you've managed to pay the debt and get some collective savings. Even if you all did agency work for minimum wage, you could have £3k+ per month coming in between you, you just have to be prepared to do any job you're given and not be picky about it.
I agree, apart from the fact there is NOTHING out there, as there are so many people who have been redundantisised, all the min wage jobs and agency work is taken. You literally have to be hovering over the computer at the Job Centre to apply for jobs within hours of them being advertised!

Its taken Hayley nearly 3 months to find work since we moved, and its 4 nights a week stocking shelves at Tesco!!

End of the day, as Jack has mentioned, your Mum has ignored many warnings, as eviction notices really are the end of a large letter campaign! As much as its a pain, some people, much like Hay's mum, think that if you ignore bad things, they go away.Im not sure why you or your brothers and sisters should have to give up your education because of this.

I apologise if thats not the case, but having been there myself, my sympathy doesnt extend that far as i know how much warning the council will give before they boot you out.

kelbelle
23-07-09, 01:04 PM
Yeah I know my mum is an idiot and I have told her so.

No way will any of us give up our educations. I'm only a month from finishing, my sis has a year left and what on earth is my little bro going to do when he doesn't have his GCSE results yet.

We are looking for whatever we can but cant go smaller than 3 bed, 4 bed is already a squeeze.

Thanks for the help everyone :D

Lauren
23-07-09, 01:04 PM
I still highly doubt they would be prepared to kick a 9 year old out on the street.

Lee is right though, it does take a lot of warnings for them to boot you out.

I think you need to go to citizens advice and explain everything you've told us, and see where you stand. And if they are prepared to offer you somewhere else, I wouldn't be worried about what condition it's in or if it's 5 miles away from a school (which isn't really that far tbh), you haven't got time to be choosy at the moment.

Ben
23-07-09, 01:14 PM
As pointed out by others in the thread your well being is worth more than any education and your education does not warrant a decent job. Hard work and decent values are far more apealing to an employer than statistics.

As said before as well you and your brothers should help out by moving out, will be far easier for them to house your mum and little sister than half of Ipswich.

IMO there is no reason for a able bodied man/woman over the age of 18 needing to rely on there parents for shelter. there are jobs out there they may be outside your comfort zone or a fair distance to travel but they are there.

Dod
23-07-09, 02:07 PM
/\ Thats true but you also have to remember that there are more ties than just relying on your parent/parents. Theres almost certainly an emotional attatchment and for them to feel they have to move out so suddenly and under these circumstaces would only strengthen that bond.

As mentioned, speak to citizens advice and plead your case to them, they will be able to help you out.

Jack
23-07-09, 03:12 PM
Right, I'll start the "Turn Kelmel to prostitution to fund her relocation" fund

10p for a blowjob? lol

Dod
23-07-09, 03:16 PM
From you or her?

Tidy Max
23-07-09, 03:21 PM
Right, I'll start the "Turn Kelmel to prostitution to fund her relocation" fund

10p for a blowjob? lol

not very nice for martin to read that RJ, infact, it sucks lol

Jack
23-07-09, 03:31 PM
Ok, 20p and he can give me one too LOL

bmw156
23-07-09, 03:44 PM
RJ you *******, i dont think that is very nice at all

infact im quite hurt. three years i have been with kelly, i have been through tough times with her, seen her grow up, seen her learn. we have tought each other things and i know for sure her blowjobs are worth at least 40p

kelbelle
23-07-09, 04:34 PM
Why would I give up my degree one month before completing it to 'help my mum out'! What a waste of 3 years and about £15,000

It's all very easy everyone saying 'oh just move out and get your own place'. What with? My invisible credit card? I currently get about £200 a month!

Thanks for the advice Jack but I think Ill stick to legal means lol

Oh and my mum went and complained to the council today and the women said they will pay housing association what they owe them and will ask them to reconsider the eviction notice. Wont find out till monday tho so fingers crossed

Lee
24-07-09, 11:28 AM

Ahaa, so its only the fact that it illegal that puts you off? :d

projctnova
24-07-09, 11:31 AM
lol

Oh and my mum went and complained to the council today and the women said they will pay housing association what they owe them and will ask them to reconsider the eviction notice. Wont find out till monday tho so fingers crossed

Good luck!

Welshy
24-07-09, 11:31 AM
Why would I give up my degree one month before completing it to 'help my mum out'! What a waste of 3 years and about £15,000

It's all very easy everyone saying 'oh just move out and get your own place'. What with? My invisible credit card? I currently get about £200 a month!

il ring someone i know with properties all over your area later and let you know if he has anything that let you have for nowt for the time being if thats ok???

Jack
24-07-09, 11:32 AM
Ahaa, so its only the fact that it illegal that puts you off? :d
Prostitution = taking payment for sexual acts.

So its only illegal if I pay you.

Win, free blowjob then! lol

saloonwoody
24-07-09, 11:50 AM
i cant believe this pointless thread is still goin !

kelbelle
24-07-09, 11:55 AM
You guys never fail to turn anything sexual *roll eyes*

oh harro are you still here woody!

saloonwoody
24-07-09, 11:56 AM
yea still readin :) any luck yet ?

kelbelle
24-07-09, 11:59 AM
Will find out what happening on monday hopefully!

pikey1986
24-07-09, 12:07 PM
good luck