PDA

View Full Version : x16xe / x14xe lower inlet manifolds

novaboy.p.
21-07-09, 11:08 PM
hello

i was wondering if any one knows if the x14xe lower inlet and the x16xe lower inlet are the same ? i am looking at buying an after market manifold complete piece lower and upper but i think its from a x14xe and was wondering if the inlet port on the manifold is gunna be smaller than my x16xe bit of a wierd one i know if anyone has the 2 manifolds and a vernier gauage i will love them for ever lol . thanx for your help

AlexW
21-07-09, 11:10 PM
should be the same

jimbob-mcgrew
21-07-09, 11:16 PM
ghwaan alex, head off the nova and get the gauge out, he's waiting....

Southie
21-07-09, 11:21 PM
Yep the same. The C16xe however are different. Good job I have a spare X16 inlet then lol I've still to change the inlet on mine.

novaboy.p.
22-07-09, 09:04 PM
ok then thanx people one more thing if i have a x16xe can i run and c16xe ecu and loom as im not planning on having a egr or anything ive heard the air flow sensor is differnt if that the only sensor i would have to change ? as i curently dont have an ecu for mine i was thinking an c16xe one may be better suited. plus i dont like the idea of imobiliser chip .

draper
22-07-09, 09:06 PM
i have a x16xe ecu, transponder and chip here if needed

AlexW
23-07-09, 08:23 AM
You would need to get a AFM, lambda, couple of other sensors like TPS iirc.

Oh and dont be worried by the imob, its 6 (iirc) extra wires, once the chip is inside the ring you can forget about it, like i have.

Southie
23-07-09, 08:41 AM
ok then thanx people one more thing if i have a x16xe can i run and c16xe ecu and loom as im not planning on having a egr or anything ive heard the air flow sensor is differnt if that the only sensor i would have to change ? as i curently dont have an ecu for mine i was thinking an c16xe one may be better suited. plus i dont like the idea of imobiliser chip .

If your wanting to run the C16xe setup on your X16xe you will need all the correct wiring loom, sensors, throttlebody, afm (airflow meter) and plastic inlet or an after market inlet which fits to the X16xe (bottom half) inlet.

It would be easier if you have all the above but if you don't then buy Drapers ecu, transponder and ring.

novaboy.p.
23-07-09, 08:52 AM
ok kool i am buying a complete sorta home made inlet manifold top and bottom so no egr valve sorta like a dbilas flow master so i thought it may be better to use a c16xe as they have no egr plus i heard the air flow sensor is better for tuning ?