PDA

View Full Version : Air to fuel wiring

richardspeed
21-07-09, 03:01 PM
I have a Nova LET, I have bought a air to fuel gauge, when connecting it to the lamber sensor what wires are which? there is a black one and two white ones, and there a are three wires on the guage, the letters on the connecter block that go to the main loom from the lamba sensor are, C is the black wire B is the white wire and A is the other white wire.

Any idea:confused:

craig green
21-07-09, 03:05 PM
Either way you get it going, the gauge you have is a narrowband readout, it will not warn you of a lean or overly rich mixture. The OE lambda probe is not capable of monitoring the mixture effectively for wideband useage. I'm sure the lights on the display will look cool however.

Wideband display is what you really want/need.

Lee H
21-07-09, 03:06 PM
The two white wires are the heater wires, the black one is the signal wire.

As its a narrowband air/fuel ratio gauge you seem to be fitting you might as well put it in the bin for what use it is on a turbo car.

Lee H
21-07-09, 03:06 PM
Beat me to it Craig!!

richardspeed
21-07-09, 03:10 PM
If only I knew before I bought it.:cry:

richardspeed
21-07-09, 03:15 PM
The guy I bought it off wont take it back so I will have to fit it, I am not wasting money, there is a black green and red wire on the gauge, will the black one go to the other black one and the other colours to the white ones.

Lee H
21-07-09, 03:26 PM
But if you fit it you are wasting time as well as the money you have already wasted..........

No idea on colours as i've never bothered fitting one.

GDN16v
21-07-09, 03:29 PM
Sell in on and buy a wideband one!:thumb: