PDA

View Full Version : custom petrol tank

tony k
21-07-09, 01:25 PM
whos got a custom tank inside there nova,just gathering interest,as thinking of getting one made,i want one with a fuel sendor aswell,so could poeple post up pics of there setup just so i can get an idea

cheers

MARTIN KELSON
21-07-09, 10:30 PM
Mine made by Pro-Alloy

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/NOVAMARTIN16V/NOVA%20PICS/Picture004.jpg

Martin

c20 nva
21-07-09, 10:35 PM
and this is ma one
http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp202/gillhou/25-1.jpg

tony k
22-07-09, 03:51 PM
cheers for the pics guys what gallon are your tanks(sounds funny lol),also have you got fuel senders aswell,also do i need to run my swirl pot aswell,as the tank,plus i know its along shot but whats the dimentions of both tanks

c20 nva
22-07-09, 04:13 PM
(9.5 gallons !?!).And its foam filled i have the Swirl pot and have no sender will need to look for dimension's hope it helps :confused:

tony k
22-07-09, 07:52 PM
(9.5 gallons !?!).And its foam filled i have the Swirl pot and have no sender will need to look for dimension's hope it helps :confused:

thanks for that mate,just gathering some info so i can get one made,do they make them with senders on,yeah if you could find the dimentions out that would be great:thumb:

rep on its way

MARTIN KELSON
22-07-09, 07:53 PM
Hi,

Mine is approx 45ltr which is on par with a std Nova size tank & mine also is foam filled.
Yes i do have a fuel sendor on mine. Its made by a company called VDO and was supplied by Pro-Alloy with the tank.
As for dimensions, i'am not sure but as you can see its fits in the spare wheel well so that should give you an idea on size.

Martin

tony k
22-07-09, 08:11 PM
cheer martin,how much was yours can p.m me the price if you want,but i like your of your one,my wheel well has been cut out but can put over the top of it tho

MARTIN KELSON
22-07-09, 10:30 PM
cheer martin,how much was yours can p.m me the price if you want,but i like your of your one,my wheel well has been cut out but can put over the top of it tho

It wasnt cheap, but if you were to see it you would know the workmanship of Pro-Alloy is second to non.

The price was £500!!
That included, manufacture to my drawing, foam baffle, aero filler, roll over valves, VDO fuel sender, VAT & carridge.

If you wanted a std square one as your wheel well has gone you may get one cheaper. worth a call

Martin

tony k
23-07-09, 08:37 AM
thanks martin i emaild them today see what they come back with,yeah was thinking that last night,as was looking at yours and thought if i got the same as you,i wouldnt be able to fit a rear strutbrace,so might get a square one made up