PDA

View Full Version : f13 cr/wr output shaft sizes?

yayoboy
20-07-09, 09:13 PM
as title, does the wr one have a thicker input shaft? just wondering as iv been asked the question as someone is trying to fit a f13 wr to an xe, iv done this myself b4, with the modded flywheel and a bit of the xe block hacked off, but i used a cr 3.74 gte box, he assures me its a nova f13? its a late type xe but the cranks are the same throughout (physically) so that shouldnt make a difference... cheers

Stuart
20-07-09, 09:16 PM
99% sure its the same size

yayoboy
22-07-09, 09:38 PM
here is a pic ive been sent of the input shaft, its def thicker than my f13 one was, and the f16, f20s alike iv seen before?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/yayoboy/Image0031.jpg

mowgli
22-07-09, 09:49 PM
first off, that is the input shaft!!!!!!!

all f13 input shafts are the same. I know cos i swapped the innards from a cr to a wr the other week

I've heard comments about using machined sleeves to make the input shaft fit the spigot....but I have no more details

yayoboy
22-07-09, 09:56 PM
oops :roll: but anyways thats thicker than all ones ive seen before

edit: here you can see the difference on my f20:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/yayoboy/07062009324-1.jpg

mowgli
22-07-09, 10:00 PM
I wish I could remember where i read it, but it is something to do with different size spigot bearings, but the clutch plate is the same.

how is the flywheel modded?? i've been thinking of doing a big block at some point in the future, but maybe a 2.0seh 8v.

yayoboy
22-07-09, 10:09 PM
i dont know how the chaps whos askin the questions is modded, but mine had the bolt holes matched to the xe crank, and a steel ring pressed into the internal diameter as the gte flywheel i.d is bigger than the xe

John
22-07-09, 10:15 PM

i've been thinking of doing a big block at some point in the future, but maybe a 2.0seh 8v.

lol lol

Put an xe in!

mowgli
22-07-09, 10:18 PM
lol lol

Put an xe in!

i like to be a bit different & this forum is full of people with a million problems with their xe's, yet i rarely see problems with an seh in here

and my neighbour's son's cav 2.0 will not keep the tin worm at bay for ever.........

Stuart
22-07-09, 10:23 PM
i like to be a bit different & this forum is full of people with a million problems with their xe's, yet i rarely see problems with an seh in here

and my neighbour's son's cav 2.0 will not keep the tin worm at bay for ever.........

you could work for the govts statistics department with reasoning like that lol

most of the big block conversions are XE's so by default the bulk of the problems will come from those people..... like wise if the 8v was fitted to everything and only a few XE's were about then the bulk of the problem threads would be 8v related

mowgli
22-07-09, 10:42 PM
so you've actually helped to prove my point.

and John H & I have had this conversation a few times already........

and anyway, I want to fit an engine that doesn't actually involve huge amounts of structural work, and as far as I can tell, apart from shaving the end off the alternator bolt, an seh fits very easily.

MK999
22-07-09, 10:52 PM
Isn't SEH and XE fitting the same? I.E big block mounts, lump hammer to the chassis leg or some pretty welding if you're slightly less cowboy, 22 spliners or big block hubs/cv's and pretty much job done?

mowgli
22-07-09, 10:57 PM
meanwhile, back at the thread......

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/mowglinova/003.jpg?t=1248299768
this is the input shaft from my f13cr
the smooth bit at the end of the shaft is approx 14mm diameter