PDA

View Full Version : Uprated Ball Joint.

JaysNovaGte
20-07-09, 09:11 PM
Is there any uprated ball joints etc that i can buy for my nova.
This is what am on about
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp61/JAYSCORSACBOOM/NovaProject015.jpg

John
20-07-09, 09:13 PM
That's a track rod end fella. Can be uprated with rose joints.

adam c
20-07-09, 09:15 PM
Thats a trackrod end.Is there a reason you want an uprated one or is it just a case of "it needs replacing so i might aswell get an uprated one" ?

the standard ones are fine but some people use rose jointed ones and IIRC you need the hub carrier machined out(trackdaynova on here did it)but im sure you can buy the kit on ebay and take your hub carrier to a decent engineers

JaysNovaGte
20-07-09, 09:40 PM
Thats a trackrod end.Is there a reason you want an uprated one or is it just a case of "it needs replacing so i might aswell get an uprated one" ?

the standard ones are fine but some people use rose jointed ones and IIRC you need the hub carrier machined out(trackdaynova on here did it)but im sure you can buy the kit on ebay and take your hub carrier to a decent engineers

Am replacing every thing with new parts etc, is there a link for the rose jointed ones.

Stuart
20-07-09, 09:46 PM
TDN did a buy on them... worth a search to find out the info (or PM him to see if he remembers which ones he used).

Count Vaux Alot
20-07-09, 10:15 PM
1/2 inch boar 5/8 thread male rose joint but you need the adaptors to fit them to the track rod end contact compbrake or similar and they will sort you out

JaysNovaGte
20-07-09, 11:12 PM
1/2 inch boar 5/8 thread male rose joint but you need the adaptors to fit them to the track rod end contact compbrake or similar and they will sort you out

Is there a link m8

Stuart
21-07-09, 11:59 AM
www.google.co.uk