Taken from another forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTDiYS1NVW4

RIP Henry Surtees

Stuart
20-07-09, 01:56 PM
saw it on the lotus forum last night.... freak accident :(

Cle
20-07-09, 02:07 PM
I had to look at the comments to see what had happened, it just looked like a spin off, Until some one pointed out the wheel hitting him.

Big_Chap
20-07-09, 02:09 PM
saw it on the lotus forum last night.... freak accident :(

Yeah, at first I was "phew" when I saw him getting out but then saw the description on you tube and realized it was the original crasher with the same colours!

Reminds me of Tom Pryce & Roland Ratzenberger...

stevei
20-07-09, 11:16 PM
is'nt his dad a ex-f1 driver? think he was once a F1 champ and a Superbike champ at the same time? i might be wrong but that name rings a bell.

RIP Henry Surtees

ste

nova_saloon
20-07-09, 11:31 PM
wow bet he didnt even see it coming, boomph and your gone! not fair is it! RIP

Big_Chap
20-07-09, 11:38 PM
is'nt his dad a ex-f1 driver? think he was once a F1 champ and a Superbike champ at the same time? i might be wrong but that name rings a bell.

RIP Henry Surtees

ste

Yep, John Surtees.

Also, Martin Brundle & Jonathon Palmer's sons race in this new F2 series

stupot89
20-07-09, 11:50 PM
:cry: RIP:cry:

mowgli
20-07-09, 11:57 PM
that was rough, but i'm guessing the poor lad never realised what was happening.

the wheel probably knocked him out but the impact into the barrier would have finished him off..

so the f2 cars don't have wheel restraints then????

Lee
20-07-09, 11:57 PM
Dear God thats uber unlucky. My thoughts are with his family.

Kind of Ironic he should die at the circuit that has a corner named after his father :(

trackdaynova
21-07-09, 12:02 AM
the wheel probably knocked him out but the impact into the barrier would have finished him off.have you read that somewhere Mowgli? I would have presumed the wheel would have snapped his neck with the speed he was travelling and killed him instantly :(

MK999
21-07-09, 12:03 AM
have you read that somewhere Mowgli? I would have presumed the wheel would have snapped his neck with the speed he was travelling and killed him instantly :(

according to comments and/or the vid info, he was pulled out the car alive and died later in hospital

mowgli
21-07-09, 12:07 AM
have you read that somewhere Mowgli? I would have presumed the wheel would have snapped his neck with the speed he was travelling and killed him instantly :(

purely a guess, based on the thought that a hit in the barriers at that speed combined with the inability to actually brace himself for the impact would mean HANS or not, he would have hit his head really hard on the dash/wheel

mowgli
21-07-09, 12:08 AM
according to comments and/or the vid info, he was pulled out the car alive and died later in hospital

they said the same on the day Senna died

MK999
21-07-09, 12:18 AM
Possible he was officially alive when taken out the car and *pronounced* dead in hospital later I guess? Either way though, tragic loss of a skilled man.

skidmarkz
21-07-09, 08:18 AM
:( Rip lad, totally freak accident, does not make it any less disturbing.