PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket

crashbandicout
19-02-03, 12:20 PM
Whats the average ticket for doing 10mph over the limit cos ive just been clocked and im skint

frog_southampton
19-02-03, 12:24 PM
?60 and 3 points?

crashbandicout
19-02-03, 12:26 PM
?60 and 3 points for doin about 8mph over the limit on a quite road with no traffic F@#k me, im skint and dont want any points. anyone got any tips for ways to grovel and get away with it

wisewood
19-02-03, 12:57 PM
Yeah - pay the fine, take the points and dont complain or you could end up being charged up to a grand - and getting more points or a ban.

Stuart
19-02-03, 04:05 PM
do the crime take the fine. deal with it

courtenaynova
19-02-03, 07:04 PM
If you are lucky...like me :D If someone is watching you from above your might get away with it.

To cut a long story short...Someone wanted my car and tried to highjack it at Birmigham Wheels on a Saturday night :o

Anyway..I have got anti-highjack feature on my alarm so they couldnt get in. I booted it from Town towards Solihull...Stratford Road (A34)..as they soon caught up in their AX GT...I put my foot down again. It was pissing down with rain and I had 3 mates in my car. Anyway...I got clocked at 92 MHP at 12:36am by a T5...Not a chance of getting away from the ones round here so I pulled over.

They police said that I was racing and they didn't believe the story I told them. I got 3 points and ?60 fine.....I was very lucky as doing over 30 mph over the limit you get banned and a HUGE fine. I handed in everything...I waited for ages...and eventually I had a letter saying that no further action will be taken. I later found out that they had lost thier copy of the ticket so they could not put points on my licence and not take my money. I got ?60 back and a clean licence.

But still....DONT SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! If you dont do the crime..you got nothing to worry about.

Rob. (im wise!....can I be known as 'Wiseworm'??????) LOL! 8)

Evolution
20-02-03, 12:38 AM
I have 3 points for doing 42 in a 30 zone. and even though it was a busy road in a flow of traffic, i still have no excuse for speeding.
As much as i hate it, the police were only doing their job.