PDA

View Full Version : attatching engine stand?

Tidy Max
19-07-09, 01:41 PM
alreet chaps, how do i attatch my engine to the stand?!

its got 4 arms which come off a plate, not dropped the engine yet but im just wondering how i go about getting it on to the stand!

thanks!

Spudly
19-07-09, 01:42 PM
You split the gearbox off the engine and use the holes where the box bolts on, to bolt the engine to the stand:thumb:

L14MNP
Bolt it through the holes where the bellhousing attaches mate.

Spudly
Bolt it through the holes where the bellhousing attaches mate.

Haha, ner ner i beat you lol :p

Iain
19-07-09, 01:46 PM
I think I had to remove the clutch and flywheel to fit my 1600 to the stand.

L14MNP
19-07-09, 01:48 PM
Haha, ner ner i beat you lol :p
lol :(

Aye Iainl0l is right, when I've used them I've had no flywheel/clutch attached.

Mike
19-07-09, 01:52 PM
lol :(

Aye Iainl0l is right, when I've used them I've had no flywheel/clutch attached.

Meh, you dont need clutch/fly anyway, bin 'em, ligthened bottom end lol lol

Spudly
19-07-09, 01:57 PM
Am i the only one thinking that if he not sure how to put the engine on the stand in the first place then its all gonna end in tears when he gets it on there and the spanners out lol

L14MNP
19-07-09, 01:57 PM
That crank is no lightweight either. Ultimate stripped weap0n! lol

L14MNP
19-07-09, 01:59 PM
Am i the only one thinking that if he not sure how to put the engine on the stand in the first place then its all gonna end in tears when he gets it on there and the spanners out lol
lol. Max you do realise you remove the part with plates on, bolt to engine and then lift the engine up, locate into the tube again and secure with the pin?

Imagine trying to bolt the engine on in the air. lol

Iain
19-07-09, 02:00 PM
I tried bolting the engine to the stand while it was dangling in the air the first time I did it lol It's not easy.

L14MNP
19-07-09, 02:04 PM
Church roffle!

Tidy Max
19-07-09, 05:18 PM
thanks chaps, had to go watching harry potter, was bloody TERRIBLE, let down i must say, anyway

thanks for the replys, yes i do realise that (saw a pic on the internet, me and my mate were saying its going to be hard bolting it on while holding it in the air lol)

and spud, never ends in tears mate only more expense, and ive got to learn some way, deep end for me!!

mowgli
19-07-09, 05:22 PM
don't spoil the ending...........

remember getting it up there is one thing, getting it back down is another matter......

Tidy Max
19-07-09, 05:27 PM
getting it out will be a start lol

ha, what ending

i would never spoil it anyway, go watch it mowgli, we can moan about it together lol

MK999
19-07-09, 10:20 PM
I tried bolting the engine to the stand while it was dangling in the air the first time I did it lol It's not easy.

That it's not, I had to figure out how my engine stand worked too and my engine hasn't blown up yet, just a few teething issues lol Gotta start somewhere mind, I'd be confident enough to do it on a reasonably expensive engine now I've learnt most of the easy cock ups on mine lol