PDA

View Full Version : Nova Parts Availability

bodies3.0s
19-07-09, 08:19 AM
This has probably been covered before but i am a newbie after all ;). Just wondering if there are any parts still available from the main dealers? Also GTE kits, are these available anywhere? Is there any publications for modding the Nova. Lots of questions i know, but i may be getting one soon and i'd like to know what route i'm going to go down with it. Ideally i'd like a black (or that lovely blue) GTE but i don't think thats going to happen :cry:

pikey1986
19-07-09, 08:38 AM
new gm body panels are hard to come by but theirs plenty of places that do pattern panels, engine parts are easily found new or used and as for the gte kits the only ones available are what people would no longer want/need

kennyman1989
19-07-09, 08:55 AM
depends how old you are, always take this into account when buying a car otherwise you may get stung mega on the insurance side of things.

mowgli
19-07-09, 09:02 AM
i know for a fact that gte bumpers are not available from the dealer, but loads of mechanical bits that are common with later corsas & astras are still available.

kennyman1989
19-07-09, 09:07 AM
yeah most bits that are interchangable between corsa b's and novas are still widely available off the shelf parts, but things like body panels from vaux=no chance. keep checking ebay for bits, gte skirts pop up every so often, as do 2nd hand panels and doors etc. Have a think on what direction you want to take with the car, ie; twin carb conversion, c20xe conversion, c20let conversion etc etc could go on for hours!

paul james
19-07-09, 09:13 AM
When I went to my local vaux dealership parts desk recently and asked for some exhaust studs for a Nova the guy looked at me as if I'd asked for a flux capacitor for a Delorean. Still they do have parts like that avaliable, then theres also motorfactors, ebay and you can get plenty of parts (especially more obscure/interesting stuff) on here too if you ask.

As for publications on modding, there is Total Vauxhall magazine, which obviously covers all the other cars too. Theres a Haynes Nova Modifying manual, but following that wont likely lead to a tasteful nova. Spend a some time browing old posts on this forum, look at the projects section for inspiration.

bodies3.0s
19-07-09, 09:22 AM
depends how old you are, always take this into account when buying a car otherwise you may get stung mega on the insurance side of things.

I'm alright in this department ;)

Like you said kennyman1989 there is an endless choice.

Thanks all

Nobby
19-07-09, 10:13 AM
vaux still do some nova panels gsi bumpers etc