PDA

View Full Version : what mods for 17"

nova_geezer
18-02-03, 08:14 PM
i was thinkin bout 16s for my mk2 nova, but now thought well sod it, i might aswell go the full way. 17s it might be.

so say i got 17s with et47. My nova is lowered 40mm now anyway. What mods will be needed, I want to be able to fly round corners without rubbing and maybe have rear passengers.

chears for this help maties, How much am i looking at roughly to get these modifications done,

cheers

James

?Marty?
18-02-03, 08:51 PM
You'll need et45, otherwise it will catch on the rear shocks/inner arches when you're 'fying round corners'.

The rear arches - will have to have the 'lip' cut-back to the weld (if you go past it, it'll then need re-welding and the rear quarters re-sprayed) and re-sealed from the inside to stop them from rotting away. Cost = diy to ?180

The front arches - will need the 'lip' cut back too, or rolled inwards. The cost is from free (diy) to ?120.

What suspension do you have? It helps if you have uprated shocks, or even coilovers, as it can make the handling 'stiffer' so it'll catch less i.e. less body roll going round corners.

You should be able to 'fly round' corners (i can and mine's lowered 60 mm) with no catching on your own, but it may still catch with a front passenger, depending how much they weigh.

As for rear passengers, it'll probably catch a little anyway (unless it's one ethiopian or something), and you definitely won't be able to fly around corners with rear passengers without it catching.

But it'll give you a reason to not use your car as a taxi. And why would you want to take your bird AND 'her ugly mate' too, if you know what i mean. So if you can't use the rear, remove the seats and fit a roll-cage, or a big i.c.e. install. Then you wont need to make 'excuses'.