PDA

View Full Version : Brembo brakes

xe_nova9
18-07-09, 12:51 PM
Just went down the scrappy and they had a fiat coupe turbo down there, had a set of mahoosive brembo's on the front. Whats the crack with putting them on a nova? Do you have to make up brackets for them to fit on the hub? And assuming fiat 4 stud is the same as vaux? Any info would be most helpful, thanks

Welsh Dan
18-07-09, 12:59 PM
Fiats are 4x98pcd, so the disks might need the holes widened out. In all likelehood you will have to get some brackets made up to mate the calipers to the hub.

novasaloon1984
18-07-09, 04:31 PM
Just went down the scrappy and they had a fiat coupe turbo down there, had a set of mahoosive brembo's on the front. Whats the crack with putting them on a nova? Do you have to make up brackets for them to fit on the hub? And assuming fiat 4 stud is the same as vaux? Any info would be most helpful, thanks

find out the disc size on the fait and then get some 4x100 discs in that size. simple.
the brembos off the coup are ment to be a almost fit to the vauxhall hub if not any fab company will make a bracket.
i got some for my mk1 golf made up for some willwood ultralights then ran g60 discs

dannyb
18-07-09, 05:12 PM
You can get all the unions from Goodridge if the brake hoses don't match up to the new calipers.

djbrowney
18-07-09, 05:26 PM
The disks you have just seen in the scrappy are what people use rather than re drilling a 5 stud disk when running a 288mm set up :d

simply buy the brakes and disk offer them on to your car the stud ofset is the same and just get some brackets machined up to fit the calipers happy days :thumb:

Jack
18-07-09, 05:54 PM
I believe the Fiat Coupe Brembo discs are 305mm NOT the 284mm ones...

djbrowney
18-07-09, 05:59 PM
I believe the Fiat Coupe Brembo discs are 305mm NOT the 284mm ones...

all the 20v turbo came with these iirc an they are 284/288 im probaly wrong though lol

Adam
18-07-09, 06:52 PM
Jacks correct. The turbo coupes with the brembos ran 305 discs
The NA model is what has the 284s that people use with turbo/v6 calipers.

RJM25R
20-07-09, 11:09 PM

The fact that you are asking these questions signals that you aren't probably technically knowledgable enough to be messing with brakes etc. Hell, I can't cook, so I stay outta the kitchen!lol

Asa-James
20-07-09, 11:20 PM
but on a brighter note, thems the same calipers that came on the 156/147 GTA (3.2 v6 250ish BHP)

they always got swapped out for bigger ferrari spec stuff tho, as ther were pretty pants in a car than big. would stop a nova a treat tho i'd imagine.

dhdev (Oli)
21-07-09, 10:54 AM
If it's a lug mount caliper then adapting to suit the Nova could prove a lot more awkward than the traditional making a bracket to fit radial mount aftermarket calipers (eg. Wilwoods).
Also you really need to check the Brembo caliper piston diameters and then calculate the total piston area and see if it is actually an improvement over your current brakes, not too big an increase though because that will give you a pedal travel that is too long.