PDA

View Full Version : Which Oil Pump - C20LET?

Graeme
17-07-09, 11:18 PM
I'm currently rebuilding my LET bottom end and plan to install a new oil pump. I've heard a lot of people talk about using a zlet pump but have also been told this needs a custom pick up pipe, Can any one shed any light on this for me please? Or am I better using an oe clet pump and installing a sbd gear kit, which I've also tried to find on their site but cannot find it on the pdf parts list?

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks Graeme

philip
17-07-09, 11:21 PM
id prefer to use on orginal gm pump housing with the SBD inner steel gear.

new pumps dont have too bad housings but the sintered gears are ****e.

the zlet pump is good but as said need the pickup pipe, which at the moment i believe you cant get them.(spanish fly is best to speak to on migweb..unless he still comes on here as he was looking into it for his Xe)

Graeme
17-07-09, 11:29 PM
Any idea on the sbd gear kit price? Where is best to get a oe clet pump from? Autovaux?

let_nova
17-07-09, 11:47 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126005

down the page a wee bit.

Graeme
18-07-09, 12:07 AM
Cheers mate I did see that, but is the gear upgrade I now need gen on?

Will F
18-07-09, 12:10 AM
just go with standard - unless you are going silly, and the oil temps/pressure is something you will be worrying about - just go OE pal.

philip
18-07-09, 03:55 AM
id still feel safer with the steel inner gear

im in work at moment on nights, but nic barnes over on migweb had a brand new GM pump on the other week, dont think it was on for long and the gears ended up in 5 or 6 pieces!!

if get time tomorrow i will put the link up for you

let_nova
18-07-09, 08:57 AM
http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/402473-gm-oil-pumps-high-powered-pub-talk-let-engines-%3D.html

Graeme
18-07-09, 10:29 AM
Yeah I've red that thread, paid Nic a visit a couple of weeks ago, when I bought two green alessios he had for sale, my engine won't be anything like his spec, but I have heard that the oe pumps brake for fun and I'd rather have the piece of mind, if it not to dear to get the upgrade

let_nova
18-07-09, 10:40 AM
i wasnt aware that they are weak?? hmm i will be watching this thread.

Will F
18-07-09, 03:13 PM
I have had LOADS of XEs and LETS and never even had a slight issue with the standard pump gear. The only was I can see it just breaking up is if the pick up sucks up some crap and the pump eats itself!

Up to you to you though I spose!

Rick Draper
18-07-09, 04:10 PM
im in work at moment on nights, but nic barnes over on migweb had a brand new GM pump on the other week, dont think it was on for long and the gears ended up in 5 or 6 pieces!!

Nic's failed but he was happy with it so he wanged a oem pump in it.

Graeme
18-07-09, 04:13 PM
Oe ftw then I'm happy to save the money

Rick Draper
18-07-09, 04:45 PM
Oe ftw then I'm happy to save the money

Nic has just wanged a oem one onto his engine and all is good again.

djbrowney
18-07-09, 05:35 PM
The most problems i have seen with the standard pump is the relife valve jamming open !!!

i have a brand new oe pump hear if you req mate im going dry sump so no longer req !!!

Graeme
18-07-09, 05:38 PM
I have seen it mate and the rose jointed bottom brackets, both of which I want but still need to sort out the money for the wheel, I really hate owing people money but you were sound enough to trust me

djbrowney
18-07-09, 05:52 PM
I have seen it mate and the rose jointed bottom brackets, both of which I want but still need to sort out the money for the wheel, I really hate owing people money but you were sound enough to trust me

no worries fella all in good time cant rush a good **** lol

Graeme
18-07-09, 05:54 PM
Hopefully I'll have it sorted before you sell said items