PDA

View Full Version : Which manifold do i need??????

nova dosed
18-02-03, 06:10 PM
I got me hands on a new webber 32/34 dtml its got one of the old accelerator type linkage things on where ur cable does not not atatch directly to ur carb but ur manifold. Now reading the instructions it says that to put the normal one on like a pierburg 2e on the side of the carb i need to atatch the accelerator anchor and the semi circle thing for the cable to run under.

BUT it didnt come with the carb now as im a persistant tw*t i went back to the shop and they are going to try and find one or sumet but i thought what if i changed me Manifold (not that i wanted to) to one which has the lever thing already on it. I know the 1 litre has them on but thats a single choke and way to small so waht about a 1.6 cav or astra manifold?

So i ask what do u lot recomend why and do i need to do anything to the head as its a 1.4sr head?
I mean like filing out the inlet holes not that i want to or anything so i wud appreciate ur suggestions.

Thanks

Jon

Ste_Nova
18-02-03, 06:37 PM
mines just tie wrapped to my strut brace :lol:

mikeoxford
18-02-03, 06:48 PM
my 32 34 used the same linkage as you mention

it had a braket off the carb itself and was similar to the 1 litre as you describe!

i assume the bracket must be available to buy as it was in the same gold metal as other parts of the carb and linkage too

my twin 40 setup has a similar bracket, that too was home made............

nova dosed
18-02-03, 07:11 PM
its the other kind i need the one that is on the carb its self and the cable fits to directly not involving the manifold at all.

mikeoxford
18-02-03, 07:16 PM
why not swap out your accelerator cable?

cost me ?3 from our scrappy when i needed replacement one!

nova dosed
18-02-03, 07:41 PM
yes but ill need to change the manifold in that case as i dont have the bracket thing onit just the pierburg 2e fixing

nova dosed
22-02-03, 01:29 AM
problem sorteed cheers lads

mikeoxford
22-02-03, 01:47 AM
so what did you do in the end?