PDA

View Full Version : corsa 1.2 12v to nova 1.2 carb?

jord4n
17-07-09, 07:34 PM
I no nothing corsa b 1.2 12v electrics, i know the 1.2 out of the nova will go in the corsa on it mount and shafts.

my question is what do i do about the loom, engine plugs, spark and feul pump and tank.

any info would be a big help.

jordan

AlexW
17-07-09, 07:38 PM
reaaly not worth it! it would mean lots of messing around converting the nova to injection

matt_vaughan
17-07-09, 08:01 PM
the 3 pot 12v (i assume that the engine you're actually on about) is a 1 litre, and has different mounts IIRC

jimbob-mcgrew
17-07-09, 08:15 PM
yeh, from what ive heard the mounts are the biggest job, not sure if they require welding into place or whether u can get away with using the corsa jobs or other mounts ?

alex is semi-right with the hassle of injection (but once its done, its done)
youll need an sri/gte/gsi injection petrol tank, and possibly have to fit an external fuel pump and fuel lines to go with it.
every thing else should be compatible from the corsa, like the speedo cable, etc. wiring in the ecu might be a bit of a ball ache, but like the petrol tank hassles, once its done, its done, only thing to hold u back really is money for the parts, it may rack up to around £300 for the conversion, depending on parts compatablity.

u thought about a 1.2 16v ? the mounts will be easier to sort out, prob the same mods as an xe, (new front mount and modified rear gearbox mount) it'll be quicker than the 8v, but way better on mpg.

out of curiosity, are your doing it to stay friendly with insurance ? or for mpg ? or cos its a rarer choice ? or just cos you have one in your possession and thought why not ? or a combination of all of the above ! lol

EDIT : oh my god, i got the scenario backwards. :wall:
fiddle it about a bit, mount hassles basically, dunno if the injection tank will run a carb ? dammit :wall:

jord4n
17-07-09, 11:42 PM
well spotted jimbob, yer im on about butting the nova 1.2 carb into the corsa. its for a friends girlfriend not for me!!!

im still not sure on this and was saying it would be easyer to find a diffrent engine that would just be a mount and plug/play sort of thing.

AlexW
17-07-09, 11:48 PM
If your saying about putting a carb engine into a corsa, No, it will never pass the mot.

Welshy
17-07-09, 11:51 PM
If your saying about putting a carb engine into a corsa, No, it will never pass the mot.
dosent it depend on the age of the corsa??

Asa-James
18-07-09, 09:26 AM
i've also heard if you can prove the engine was manufactured before the new emissions tests came in the it will be tested on the engines age, rather than the cars age

novaguy08
18-07-09, 09:59 AM
Well their supposed to test it on age of the engine!

jimbob-mcgrew
18-07-09, 01:50 PM
think it came in in 92 no ?

to answer the question again: you should stick with an injection block, as everythings allready there for ya. only thing im wondering is, are the mounting points for the 12v engine different to the 16v, if u know what i mean. as in can engines be swapped around using different mounts to compensate, or does a fresh mount have to be welded in cos of the design of the 3 pot block. damn its too early in the morning for this. im a zombie.

AlexW
19-07-09, 10:20 AM
No corsa from factory should not be emmissions tested.

The mounts are the same iirc, just need to use a corsa 1.2 or whatever, engine mount.

Oh and yes you could try and prove the engine is a older engine, but really not worth the hassle, just fit a 16v.