PDA

View Full Version : Xe head "repair"

John
16-07-09, 08:54 PM
Anyone point me in the direction of the "how to" repair, for the xe head emulsifying problems?

Tis currently ok (iirc baxter has had the head off at somepoint though, long story!) Just wanted to do it whilst its out on the floor.

General Baxter
16-07-09, 08:59 PM
(iirc baxter has had the head off at somepoint though, long story!)
what lol

which xe would this be ?
did i sell you an xe ?

John
16-07-09, 09:01 PM
what lol

which xe would this be ?

Out of your old calibra. Was looking for the f/s thread, but you've started too many threads since! It's been sat on my garage floor for 2 years! lol

General Baxter
16-07-09, 09:03 PM
i know the one, i sold it you for £50, as i was going out the country for 2 weeks the day after,

it had a power problem, had 3 crank sensors, a new AFM, still nothing, tuned out to be a block exhaust or something iirc,

anyway, nope never had the head off, the only thing i took off was the LSD gearbox lol

John
16-07-09, 09:06 PM
i know the one, i sold it you for £50, as i was going out the country for 2 weeks the day after,

it had a power problem, had 3 crank sensors, a new AFM, still nothing, tuned out to be a block exhaust or something iirc,

anyway, nope never had the head off, the only thing i took off was the LSD gearbox lol

Cool, i'll have it off then and do the gasket and mod whilst i'm at it. Yeah cts was fooked and it'd been overfuelling badly, thus fooking the cat.

fearless
16-07-09, 09:56 PM
Joff did a DIY quide on here or Mig if I remember correctly

I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction soon

fearless
16-07-09, 09:58 PM
Not read it all but here's the details

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/340906-thought-id-have-go-porous-cracked-head-modification.html

Dave

djbrowney
16-07-09, 10:59 PM
if you drop me a pm mate will put you in touch with a fella who does a proper repair mate

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v306/Jatec/DSC03530.jpg

philip
17-07-09, 02:24 AM
+1 for what browney has said.

otherwise:

www.orsas.com (http://www.orsas.com), 7.8mmx 87mm long alloy tube fitted in the oil way between number 2/3 exhaust ports

burgo
17-07-09, 03:10 AM
i dont see how that solves the cracked oil way browney or do they block the oil way?? in which case why dont they just use the hollow tube

philip
17-07-09, 05:30 AM
they block the centre oilway and go external.

its probably easier to do it externally than just the hollow tube.

Will F
17-07-09, 08:35 AM

its probably easier to do it externally than just the hollow tube.

Plus you can prove its been done this way!

You can also use funky bajos and braided oil hose to make it look really sexy! lol

John
17-07-09, 07:26 PM
Thanks again Dave, Joff's thread is deffo very useful. I think i just about understand it! Thanks all for the help!
DJ browney, pm sent.

burgo
17-07-09, 08:47 PM

its probably easier to do it externally than just the hollow tube.im not arguing at all but the hollow tube method is far easier surely.