PDA

View Full Version : who reads what magazines?

Tidy Max
16-07-09, 11:51 AM
What magazines does everyone read? i bought TV for possibly the 3rd time and it doesnt really appeal to me, each time there has been one nova, just one!

Are there any magazines that focus on old cars with tips and tricks for restoration etc? maybe with some tits in aswell lol

draper
16-07-09, 11:52 AM
mens world
the daily sports clout

MK999
16-07-09, 11:54 AM
Try retro cars, or practical performance car. I generally buy whatever appeals off of the front cover, usually get TV every month, ocassionally the 2 above, performance VW.

sometimes banzai to see what the jap scene is up to... always makes me laugh how clueless they seem though! Last issue they were trying to squeeze as much power as possible out of a B16 engine, with fast road cams and hydraulic lifters, and were then amazed how much power came out (to be fair it was 230bhp out of a 1.6) But they seemed to ignore the fact they were only using midrange performance parts lol

Cle
16-07-09, 11:57 AM
I read a few :)

Fast Car
Max power
TV
Retro ford
Classic Ford
Fast Ford

vaughanmc
16-07-09, 11:59 AM
TV every month without fail

Also usually have a deck at Fast Car or Retro Cars depending what's in them

Sometimes have a look at Retro Ford if theres been a local event that I've been to

Welshy
16-07-09, 12:03 PM
I read a few :)

Fast Car
Max power
TV
Retro ford
Classic Ford
Fast Ford
same hear aswell as miniworld lol

Lee H
16-07-09, 12:08 PM
Total Vauxhall
Practical Performance Car
Practical Classics

Tidy Max
cheers chaps i will check out the retro ones!!

who ever reads PVW have you seen the mk1 1.8t 400bhp? it was tuned by a bloke i know, top job aswell hes a bloody good tuner!

Lynsey
Of course there is only one Nova in it each time, there are loads of other Vauxhalls as well you know! lol

Cosmopolitan :thumb:
More
Heat
TV

That's about it really. If there are others lying about the house I have a gander but living with 3 blokes who work on 3 different car magazines makes me a bit sick of hearing about it, you know!?

Tidy Max
16-07-09, 12:12 PM
yes lynz but im not overally interested in these all modern fandangle vauxs!

they should cater to my tastes and my tastes only!!! lol

what magazines do your mates work for?

MK999
16-07-09, 12:20 PM
I also prefer the older stuff, but you need to know what engines you can steal out of the new ones and what you can do to them after all lol

vaughanmc
16-07-09, 12:22 PM
Could you imagine Vauxhall having the same amount of magazines as the Ford ones ?

Retro Vauxhall, Fast Vauxhall, Classic Vauxhall etc

It wouldn't work would it (A wee bit off topic but I had to ask)

mowgli
16-07-09, 12:30 PM
practical classics & practical performance car generally hate novas, so they don't mention them.
I find that most mags don't seem to be consistent with their content month by month, so I don't regularly buy them that often. but there is a blokey on Hinckley market who sells last months mags for a quid each......

nova ian
16-07-09, 01:20 PM
Used to get Total Vauxhall every month, but lost interest with it, just buy it every now and again now

Got a Subscription to Track and Race Car for my Birthday

Asa-James
16-07-09, 01:34 PM
Total Vauxhall now and again, used to read Redline, but only buy it now if theres something interesting on the cover, and i've got a subscription to Evo magazine.

Lynsey
16-07-09, 01:46 PM
I've stopped reading TV now. Because Dougie lies to me, then I read it and find out that he's lied to me. Then he blames his lies on me. Arrrggghhh. TW@T.

Lauren
16-07-09, 01:54 PM
I like Nuts. Lol.

Lynsey
16-07-09, 01:59 PM
My ex used to read Nuts and I loved a flick through :thumb:

Tidy Max
16-07-09, 01:59 PM
I like Nuts. Lol.

i bet you do!

sorry couldnt resist!

Tidy Max
16-07-09, 02:00 PM
and I loved a flick through :thumb:

yeeehawww double whammy!

Jack
16-07-09, 02:03 PM
Used to subscribe to TV, my parents got me that as a birthday or christmas present one year and kept doing it. Stopped when I sold my old hatch, as I was never really into the Vauxhall "scene" and the content of the mag wasn't really interesting me. Plus I started reading Classic American which I found more informative, and still regularly read it now.

Also buy Practical Classic every once in a while, but usually only for Triumph or yankee articles.

Never read any of that max power or redline sh!t lol

mowgli
16-07-09, 02:04 PM
My ex used to read Nuts and I loved a flick through :thumb:

/\/\ that's almost rude.......

seriously, I liked the original Cars & Car Conversions mag, but by the late nineties it was getting crap... Fast Car (power & style) was good for a while, then it sort of created MAX POWER, practical classics was pretty good, until the last editorial staff left, and now it seems to be the crap old british cars appreciation society, and has boringly written comment. PPC is ok, but the editor used to be the ed at practical classics & there isn't a lot of content..

I even bought a kit car mag cos it had a really good article about Ultimas (hinckley district's first supercar maker as opposed to the nobles from just up the road)

burgo
16-07-09, 02:05 PM
I've stopped reading TV now. Because Dougie lies to me, then I read it and find out that he's lied to me. Then he blames his lies on me. Arrrggghhh. TW@T. :eek: calm down luv

Rysee
16-07-09, 02:07 PM
I've stopped reading TV after 2 years, and stopped reading/subscribing to Total guitar after 4 years. I have far too many mags

I only really buy Retro cars now

Andy
16-07-09, 02:10 PM
I read...
Daily Star
Total Vaux
Razzle-cant beat a good jazz mag lol

stevie-p
16-07-09, 02:45 PM
tv, retro cars and fast car for me and have a secret gander at the lady's mags when i find one laying about when nobody is looking

Dod
16-07-09, 02:49 PM
Retro Mag, Irish Vintage, Today, Next, Slut Grannys and Dinosaur History.

Andy
16-07-09, 02:50 PM
Wide variety mr dod LOL lol

Dod
16-07-09, 02:53 PM
Well, I'm pretty openminded in a a Homophobic way.

Tidy Max
16-07-09, 03:58 PM
Retro Mag, Irish Vintage, Today, Next, Slut Grannys and Dinosaur History.

err PICS OR GTFO

paul james
16-07-09, 04:18 PM
I used to buy Total Vauxhall, but haven't bought a copy in a few years now. I can never convince myself to throw away mags, and they just end up piled up taking up space. This site fulfills my nova interests perfectly well anyway.

Mike
16-07-09, 05:01 PM
Performance Ford
Motorsport News

saloonwoody
16-07-09, 05:05 PM
tv
volksworld
mini magazine
mini world

Lynsey
16-07-09, 05:35 PM
yes lynz but im not overally interested in these all modern fandangle vauxs!

they should cater to my tastes and my tastes only!!! lol

what magazines do your mates work for?

Redline and Fast Ford. So we has many cool cars parked outside. Way too many.

Joe Richardson
16-07-09, 06:59 PM
TV for me every month now:thumb:

used to get performance ford/fast ford/retro ford/classic ford......every month but can't be arsed now lol

sometimes get redline when i feel like it:)

Gashgusher
16-07-09, 07:18 PM
Top Gear and Evo occasionally, used to get Max Power every month from 1996 to 1999 then realised it was ****e and a 5er nearly. anything with puzzles in it, sudoku, arrowwords, wordsearches love em.
nuts/zoo for car journeys (if im not drivin obv) and the occasional newspaper for readin in the van between call-outs

craig green
16-07-09, 08:02 PM
FOX magazine FTW

twistysnovagte
16-07-09, 08:10 PM
TV
FASTFORD
REDLINE
FASTCAR
MAXPOWER(BUT NOT AS OFTEN AS THE ABOVE)
NUTS/LOADED
THAT IS ALL(NO THIS ISNT A MAGAZINE)lol

ben doodar
19-07-09, 04:32 PM
i often have a flick through various magazines in various public librarys (local shops petrol stations etc..)

volksworld
mini world
mini magazine
total carp
advanced carp
have a butchers at many really.
only ever buy tv now and again.

kelbelle
19-07-09, 07:32 PM
I read Heat, More and The Psychologist

Tidy Max
19-07-09, 07:34 PM
i often have a flick through various magazines in various public librarys (local shops petrol stations etc..)

volksworld
mini world
mini magazine
total carp
advanced carp
have a butchers at many really.
only ever buy tv now and again.

what do they actually put in fishing magazines? ive always wondered, is it just how to tie different flys etc?!