PDA

View Full Version : crate xe engines.

gavint5
16-07-09, 02:47 AM
does anybody do these off the shelf fully refurbed?

obviously im on about a c20xe

Welsh Dan
16-07-09, 08:27 AM
Vauxhall main dealers.

Stuart
16-07-09, 08:29 AM
look in the back of autotrader and the likes, they will have engine suppliers that sell cheaply rebuilt engines for a feck load of money.

imho better off getting a cheap xe and rebuild it yourself. Atleast you know its parts etc.

As its an old as funk engine you wont get much luck finding a brand spanker

L14MNP
16-07-09, 11:33 AM
Buck the trend. I have a brand spanking early SR20 sitting here, never been fired. Still has the rubber stamps on the piston crowns.

Or as Stu says, get a smoker and rebuild yourself. VX parts prices are your friend.

philip
17-07-09, 02:14 AM
pm'd

burgo
17-07-09, 03:07 AM
ill see if me mum can get hold of them

gavint5
18-07-09, 02:28 AM
i dont need one rebuilt. its cos ive had mine nicked that i started this cos its bloody difficult to accurately price one of these cars and mine realy was the fastest ivebeen in with only 63000 miles on it so i figured id give the police a refurbed ones price

philip
18-07-09, 04:04 AM
vauxhall charges about £1500:thumb:

gavint5
18-07-09, 04:10 AM
woo lol thats a little bit isnt it. thanks

mowgli
18-07-09, 10:46 AM
why put a value to a car that had no insurance anyway??????

the rozzers will tell the CPS & they will apologise to the lads who did it & offer them a bit of counselling for the stress of it all & you will still have a gap on the drive where your car once was.

Spudly
18-07-09, 10:48 AM
i figured id give the police a refurbed ones price

Why are you giving the feds a price, they wont give you any money for it, thats where the insurance companies come in!

EDIT, you dont wanna be telling the feds what enigne was in it anyways as its still booked as a 1ltr, and clearly youve had it on the road as youre going on about driving it and how fast it is/was, on a public forum too:thumb:

General Baxter
18-07-09, 10:49 AM
i found a place that done a rebuilt let for £900, just the block and head tho lol

let_nova
18-07-09, 10:50 AM
Why are you giving the feds a price, they wont give you any money for it, thats where the insurance companies come in!

because when something gets stolen or vandalised the police ask for a quote to replace or fix for when they write a report to the court.:thumb:

Spudly
18-07-09, 10:51 AM
because when something gets stolen or vandalised the police ask for a quote to replace or fix for when they write a report to the court.:thumb:

Really?

Never had this when ive had cars/mountain bikes stolen before!

let_nova
18-07-09, 10:52 AM
always been the case iirc. think they only do it if they care though lol:p

Dod
18-07-09, 10:52 AM
/\ Its true, if someone's convicted of stealing it, they'll have to compensate wheoever it was stolen from.

Spudly
18-07-09, 10:54 AM
Are you guys really sure on that one as that means the courts and police are and will be doing the jobs of the insurance companies?

let_nova
18-07-09, 10:56 AM
example. months ago some little kunt scatched my car. i reported it to the police and they said that i had to get a quote as it would go in the court report.
maybe its a scotland thing.

Dod
18-07-09, 10:58 AM
Must be an Irish thing as well, I had my Garage broken into, the only damage was the broken window, nothing stolen. The Cops asked how much I reckon it'd cost to fix, I said I dont know, he said, lets put it in as €500. (for a 3ft x18" Double Glazed window? lol)

Spudly
18-07-09, 11:00 AM
Round here they just give you a crime number for you to report it to your insurance company and sort out a claim yourself!

Funny how differing areas deal with things in a different way aint it, you guys get the compassion, we get the "well if you drove a standard sack of babba like the other 90% of the country this wouldnt have happened to you so its your fault" :roll:

Andy
18-07-09, 11:01 AM
Its right spud,why do you think when you see in the Hull Daily Mail-3 knobbers belted 6 wing mirrors off down chants ave causing £200 worth of damage and similar

gavint5
18-07-09, 01:53 PM
its nothing to do with areas. see if you had a crosser in your shed and someone nicked it they would ask for a value so if the vilian is caught the court have a better idea of what amount to make him compensate you by so that your not out of pocket. crossers are never intended for road use and so are never insured except in the odd case under house insurance. my car falls into this category. they know about the engine and all is fine even though it wasnt registered. i hadnt been using it on the road and ive told them i hadnt finished the job and so hadnt made the engine swap through dvla yet. the car wasnt insured as it never had to be as it was only intended to be used on the track. and....for the record i know its the fastest xe ive been in from driving it on private land closed to the public!

Stuart
18-07-09, 05:02 PM
lmao good luck getting monies from a scumbag.... £1 a week will be about all you get

ass dynos fitted to amateurs are amazingly inaccurate, could have been the gearbox or the wheels to make it feel faster ;)

mowgli
18-07-09, 05:03 PM
and....for the record i know its the fastest xe ive been in from driving it on private land closed to the public!

http://www.beerstore.com.au/beerstore/uploads/beerImages/Snowy_Mountains_Bullocks_L.jpg
http://teesbox.com/images/prize-bullocks-big.jpg

gavint5
18-07-09, 05:18 PM
lol seriously i hadnt been driving it about ey. the gearbox was just an f20 and ive been in xe's with f20 and f16 close and f16 long box's. it was summet to do with then engine but i dunno what? it just acellerated extremely fast. i suppose it may of had something done to it when it was in the calibra but i couldnt be sure. all i know is it would of out performed my mates old xe nova on throttle bodies and emerald management.

Stuart
18-07-09, 05:24 PM
all i know is it would of out performed my mates old xe nova on throttle bodies and emerald management.

LMFAO, either his TB's were piss poorly setup and mapped, or you sir are a professional fib teller and should enter a life of crime with blagging "skills" like that

Dod
18-07-09, 11:26 PM
Not necessarly true Stupot, he might have had the engine Dyno'd on Bebo.

~~joycey~~
19-07-09, 12:55 AM
No offence "gavin" but i swear all you ever do is come on here and start useless stupid threads and also argue with people whilst generally being a tw@? :roll:

gavint5
19-07-09, 03:32 PM
eh? useless? behave man im after information which is of use to me. the topic about my car being stolen is of no use but the rest is you div.

gavint5
19-07-09, 03:34 PM
LMFAO, either his TB's were piss poorly setup and mapped, or you sir are a professional fib teller and should enter a life of crime with blagging "skills" like that

could of been many things. badly set up, everything else was standard and holding it back. if ya put more in ya gotta get more out and a stock manifold wont do that. then theres the gearbox. i cant mind what was on it and it had 17" alloys aswell

philip
19-07-09, 04:16 PM
an xe on tbs alone would smoke a stock xe. and if the tbs werent setup that well then that xe probabaly didnt last very long before probabaly melting a piston or something. but there is noway a stock xe will beat a tb's xe, unless the tbs are hanging offlol

bodies3.0s
19-07-09, 05:28 PM
example. months ago some little kunt scatched my car. i reported it to the police and they said that i had to get a quote as it would go in the court report.
maybe its a scotland thing.

Well a few years back when i lived at home my cars were getting keyed on a regular basis. I had my suspicions who it was. Anyway it turned out it was who i thought it was (the 70 year old man who lived next door) because i see him do it to my bmw i'd had 2 weeks. My mother had to stop me going out and doing something i shouldnt. Called the police they took him away, came back to me and said the CPS were not pressing charges as he was to old!!!! so i turned round and said to the coppers, so when i reach 70 i can probably get away with murder!!! they did'nt know what to say. Why the hell do we have a justice system???????????????

gavint5
20-07-09, 12:08 AM
ouch!!! that would realy upset me. the criminal justice system is a touch of black humour. just like in orwells 1984 with the four ministries

Jack
20-07-09, 01:17 AM
ouch!!! that would realy upset me. the criminal justice system is a touch of black humour. just like in orwells 1984 with the three ministries
Explain wtf the 3 ministries have to do with the sh!t criminal justice system of today? lol

gavint5
20-07-09, 02:14 AM
lol what im saying is our justice system is a misnomer as are the four ministries in orwells 1984 (please read it). in the book the ministry of truth is where all the truth is covered up and lies are published. the others are the ministry of love (where they torture people), ministry of plenty (where they cut back your rations) and ministry of peace( where they lie about the war)

~~joycey~~
30-07-09, 06:30 PM
eh? useless? behave man im after information which is of use to me. the topic about my car being stolen is of no use but the rest is you div.

Watch it.

let_nova
30-07-09, 07:56 PM
Watch it.

the orwells?