PDA

View Full Version : What's this?

James B
17-02-03, 08:14 PM
not sure what the best way of descibing this is...but u know there is a rubber mounting on the backbox and if its not all tight is makes a rubbery squeaky noise...well basically my car is doing that from the front left hand side, whenever im braking or if im idling and its juddering a bit. does anyone know what this could be?

Cheers

James

mikeoxford
17-02-03, 11:45 PM
itll be either your cam belt (doubt very much though)

or alternator belt.

they tweat like birds when there loose or on there way out.

failing that your rad fan could be dodgy?

cant really think of anything else

is it costant etc? describe how and when the sound occurs.

James B
18-02-03, 12:23 AM
no not cam would recognise that and not alternator changed all that recently and its all kosha. Its really weird plasticy vibrating noise that only happens when braking or if car is shaking coz its idling bad. (mine has a habit of doing that :( )

really dont know what it is but its doing my nut

by the way mike, off topic i know...u got any of them calendars left??

James

mikeoxford
18-02-03, 12:27 AM
calenders yep

i get em printed as and when now - no point keeping a batch, i get em done in 2s or 5s.

i have some knocking around if you wanna buy one, please email me

as for the rattling

could it be the plastic sheet surrounding your rad?

James B
18-02-03, 12:37 AM
sweet, how much are them calendars then? just about to move into my new flat with me girlfriend, will look good on the old bedroom wall!

I will have a tinker about trying to locate it again but to be honest have tried that one and failed miserably and im still left with this piss poor squeaky noise.

dunno if theyre connected or not but there seems to be a mettaly rattling noise coming from around the glovebox area which changes in sync to the revs. thats doin me nut aswel

rattly bag of crap!

mikeoxford
18-02-03, 12:43 AM
:( cant help you anymore with your noise mate i really cant, cant think of anything else at all

all the calender details are here:
http://www.mikeoxford.boyracer.net/calender/index.htm

snapper
18-02-03, 08:32 AM
check your wing mirrors aren't loose. the passenger side on my 1.2 was and rattled like fuck at idle speed!

basically do every nut and screw up on the dash as tight as you can!

Nova Modder
20-02-03, 12:28 PM
he's probbably talking about this rubber mount here

http://www.hyper.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/backbox&mount1.jpg

and heres the other side

http://www.hyper.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/backbox&mount2.jpg

you can see what i did to stop the sqeek, it was bloody pissin me off, so i put the rubber firmly against the mounting spike ( 2nd pic ) and supported the actual pipe Very securely with some fencing wire

problem solved

mikeoxford
20-02-03, 01:17 PM
LOVE the bodge :P

having said that in my centre section i zip tied the two hanger rubbers towards each other because the passenger side one kept slipping off as the hook isnt very big on the end!

Anton
20-02-03, 01:25 PM
that a shoe lace lol