PDA

View Full Version : ohohoh also needed gear linkage of top f the gear box

michael squeak
14-07-09, 10:46 PM
of any nova reall except a 1.0 i think its diffrent

just the piece on the top of the box i do not need the arm that goes to the selector in the car.

thanks mike

mowgli
14-07-09, 10:57 PM
linkages are the same on all novas either 4 or 5 speed. the shifter box on the gearbox is where the differences are. a 4 spd one won't work on a 5 spd one and vice versa

michael squeak
15-07-09, 03:58 PM
ah rihght ...cheers mowgli

it a 5 speed one i need

brake-dust
15-07-09, 04:00 PM
that means i need one aswell, after micheal of course ;)

AlexW
15-07-09, 05:40 PM
Theres no need for a 5 speed linkage. 4speed and 5speed are the same.

Its just the turrets that are different.

mowgli
15-07-09, 10:13 PM
Theres no need for a 5 speed linkage. 4speed and 5speed are the same.

Its just the turrets that are different.

I would be prepared to argue long & hard about this subject. the shifter box that fits on top of the gearbox is different between the 4 & 5 speed.

the basic linkage from the stick is the same, but most people mess with the 4 speed stick instead of just getting the 5 speed stick, which has an extra spring mechanism, and thus is superior to a modded 4 speed one.

AlexW
15-07-09, 10:16 PM
Thats what i said, Ive tried to fit a 4 speed selector turret to a 5speed and found out the hard way.

i dont see how the stick is any differnt? Ive seen both and the only differance is the lug bit?!

mowgli
15-07-09, 10:29 PM
Thats what i said, Ive tried to fit a 4 speed selector turret to a 5speed and found out the hard way.

i dont see how the stick is any differnt? Ive seen both and the only differance is the lug bit?!

well, i fitted a 5 speed stick that came from the same donor as the box, and simply never had to mess with it.

michael squeak
17-07-09, 06:30 PM
any one have one then?? lol