PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump relay

danbarrett7
14-07-09, 10:14 PM
putting leccy fuel pump on car but need to wire in a relay so it cuts off with the safety cut off when engine goes off... any ideas where i can botch the wires into???

General Baxter
14-07-09, 10:16 PM
what engine?

danbarrett7
14-07-09, 10:28 PM
what engine?its on a c16se in 1ltr shell on twin 40s with 1.4 sr dizzy and coil so i dont need the ecu but need the fuel pump on relay. got old relay and plug but dont know what the wires need to botch on to.....mainly for safety to be honest was just off to wire a live and earth to a switch inside the car but think thats a bit too rough even for my standards ha ha

skidmarkz
14-07-09, 10:51 PM
putting leccy fuel pump on car but need to wire in a relay so it cuts off with the safety cut off when engine goes off... any ideas where i can botch the wires into???

get yourself a 12v Relay, make the 12v the ignition live, negative chassis ground and run your fuel pump 12v feed through the relay, key off relay dies.. wallah :)

danbarrett7
14-07-09, 10:53 PM
get yourself a 12v Relay, make the 12v the ignition live, negative chassis ground and run your fuel pump 12v feed through the relay, key off relay dies.. wallah :)legend cheers mate..... :thumb:

mowgli
14-07-09, 10:54 PM
do not use the gte/gsi fuel pump though.. get a facet carb pump or similar

General Baxter
14-07-09, 10:56 PM
red fuel pump power wire, that will be the ignition live wire instead :)
http://www.auto-nomics.com/images/fuelpump_relay_wiring.gif

danbarrett7
14-07-09, 10:56 PM
do not use the gte/gsi fuel pump though.. get a facet carb pump or similarhow come???? where and how much???

skidmarkz
14-07-09, 10:57 PM
legend cheers mate..... :thumb:

no worries, you above comment would work, but you dont need the negative to the switch...

Connect the fuel pump "Redtop Facet" or similer negative to chassie, run the pump 12v feed to the switch, connect a black wire from behind the dash which is normally 12v ignition live to the other side of the switch and you have a hard cut switch :)

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=281_282&products_id=1695

General Baxter
14-07-09, 10:58 PM
how come???? where and how much???

you need a low pressure pump, the one from a gsi/gte is a high pressure one,

if you can get your hands on a 1.2 cam carrier you can use that and a normal carb fuel pump :)

no need for an electric pump :thumb:

danbarrett7
14-07-09, 10:59 PM
red fuel pump power wire, that will be the ignition live wire instead :)
http://www.auto-nomics.com/images/fuelpump_relay_wiring.gifhow the hell did you you just pull that one out yer a*s so quick ha ha

mowgli
how come???? where and how much???

all good motorsport suppliers & demon tweeks

General Baxter
google lol

danbarrett7
14-07-09, 11:02 PM
lol
you need a low pressure pump, the one from a gsi/gte is a high pressure one,

if you can get your hands on a 1.2 cam carrier you can use that and a normal carb fuel pump :)

no need for an electric pump :thumb:got one that came with the carb set up but whan i took the blank plate off cam it had no hole behind it decided i was to chicken to take drill to it lol

General Baxter
14-07-09, 11:02 PM
just find a carb one then, there must be loads about lol

danbarrett7
14-07-09, 11:06 PM
just find a carb one then, there must be loads about lolkinda like the sound the leccy pump makes if im honest.plus i already got all the bits to do it..... would a filter king regulator sort the pressure problem out????