PDA

View Full Version : urgent help needed lol

Riggy
13-07-09, 10:39 PM
hi all just a quicky , can anyone help me , i need a passenger side xe driveshaft , but im stuck at billing with no phone and no tools , can any that may be able to help pm me you numbers and ill try check online and use a phone box lol ,

or even if anyone can trailor car home for me to manchester

thanks all

carl

let_nova
13-07-09, 10:49 PM
fook me... sure someone will help

srs1
13-07-09, 10:49 PM
**** carl.

benw456
13-07-09, 10:55 PM
has no-one around got aa cover?? Id come and get you with the recovery truck but im in preston!

Graeme
13-07-09, 10:58 PM
Do you want to borrow a shaft to get home?

Spudly
13-07-09, 11:02 PM
Do you want to borrow a shaft to get home?

I think he would like to borrow beg steal or anything to get him home dude!

Lynsey
13-07-09, 11:05 PM
Sorry that we're too far out to help. Baxter and Burgo are local though, right? I'm sure they could bodge something between the two of them :thumb:

Why can't you get the RAC/ AA to pick you up? i thought you just have to wait until 7.30 or something?

**** man, I hope you get sorted ASAP.

Ben
13-07-09, 11:07 PM
isnt CP not far from there with a barn full of bits?

Plug
13-07-09, 11:08 PM
christ thats a bad one

craig green
13-07-09, 11:09 PM
Someone help the man! (and his wife & dog)

Ernie
13-07-09, 11:10 PM
thats crap hope you get home mate.
does he use the gte 22 spline or the big block cv's

Adam
13-07-09, 11:18 PM
He uses 22spliners iirc Chris.

Christ, thats ****e luck Carl, just txt you, got no reply (then just read youve got no phone)

Surely someone near billing has a xe that he can borrow the shaft off?
Burgo, you got no shafts lying about??

If your still stuck Carl, i'll take the shaft off mine and drive it down to you

djbrowney
13-07-09, 11:18 PM
i would have brought one up mate but im on-call sorry buddy

an its not a 22 spline lol

burgo
14-07-09, 01:16 AM
no i dont have anything big block. if i did then i would have already thought of that. ive got tools and jack and that but no shaft

MC
14-07-09, 08:20 AM
CP & Jim are on to it, gonna head over with a trailor to bring him back to Rifle Range Farm, probably never to be seen again.

If you are already rescued let any one of us know via PM.

Jim
14-07-09, 11:01 AM
Riggy is back at CP's Farm. The small block conversion is in progress ;)

Lee H
14-07-09, 12:01 PM

Thats not good, will take him twice as long to get home with a small block in :d

Spudly
14-07-09, 12:51 PM

Pmsl thats class, you sir, have some +Rep:thumb:

andy_017
14-07-09, 01:00 PM
Hope this gets sorted mr riggs

CP
14-07-09, 03:46 PM
Update:

Riggy and his mrs are finally back on the road. Should be back by early evening hopefully.
I've got all my fingers crossedlol

I'll let Riggy fill in the full story later but suffice it to say the self appointed 3rd/4th emergency services or wotever they like to call themselves were somewhat less than helpful.

burgo
14-07-09, 06:00 PM
niceone lads. rep coming all your way.

srs1
14-07-09, 06:25 PM
thats fantastic that someone was able to help out.

you are a star.

i had arranged to borrow the father in laws car and a trailor to go and collect him.

but big well done to cp, mc and jim for all there efforts

Southie
14-07-09, 06:45 PM
PNG the "reliable" emergency service. :thumb:
Good work to the guys involved. :thumb:

It didn't included breakdown in the £10 membership. Must have been in the smallprint. lol

Spudly
14-07-09, 07:00 PM
Well done all round lads, glad to hear he is finally back on the road, didnt take long for the smallblock conversion then lol

scott.parker
14-07-09, 07:03 PM
Well Carl glad your sorted and back, but it's your own bad wishing
lol you said to me, i might ring work and blag there is something wrong with the car to stay an extra night..Doh!

Ste L
14-07-09, 09:53 PM
Well Carl glad your sorted and back, but it's your own bad wishing
lol you said to me, i might ring work and blag there is something wrong with the car to stay an extra night..Doh!

well, look's like he didn't have to acctually blag it then lol

srs1
15-07-09, 07:53 AM
spoke to riggy last night, he got back around 8.

seems like it was the inner cv, and the moral of this adventure is,

dont join the RAC

Jack
15-07-09, 07:59 AM
and the moral of this adventure is,

dont join the RAC
Moral of the story is "Join the RAC, but make sure you do it at least 24hrs before going anywhere" lol

Incidentally, quidco (http://www.quidco.com) offer £20-40 (dependent on level of cover) cashback on RAC membership. I've let my renewal lapse so I can do that :D

Lee H
15-07-09, 08:01 AM
and the moral of this adventure is,

dont join the RAC

Surprised to hear this.

Always been absolutely fine for me, i've used them several times now with my broken engines and gearboxes.

srs1
15-07-09, 08:03 AM
they refused to tow him home as it was a modified car.
said he was given a special offer and that did not include towing home for the first 12 months

AND he did wait 24hours, hence why he originally stayed an extra night

Stuart
15-07-09, 08:47 AM
So the cover you get with most bnak accounts is a simple "We'll tow you as far as you could have pushed it" cover? :o( booo
I want a breakdown cover that is simply relay, I dont want them to try and fix it as if the car is that broken I have to call them, it means I havent been able to fix it at the roadside myself so they wont have a hope in hells chance either lol

Dan
15-07-09, 10:06 AM
depends on the bank account, i have always had full cover on my account, but then after speaking with riggy last night it appears i pay abit more for my account which would explain the difference in cover

Riggy
15-07-09, 04:36 PM
well then boys and girls , what a weekend , just goin to start with a massive thanks to CP , JIM AND MC ,who without id prob be still there now lol , i owe them a big favour lol

well as said my cv seized on the m1 on the way home , so got towed back to billing by the aa , where i then joined the rac and payed in full ,

rang rac after my 24 hours for them to come out and say that since i was a member untill 27 july last year , i am not classed as a new member as i havemt been away for 12 months, and that the policy i was sold had a discount for a new member , thus ,making it void, total piss take ****ers ,

so had to extra nights , got to see the rifle range boys , and got in loads of **** of my boss lol , but nova is fime now , just been out for the last 2 hours and punished it , along with about £20 of fuel lol

Southie
15-07-09, 04:43 PM
http://www.singleparenttravel.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/welcome-home-sign1.jpg

Ernie
15-07-09, 05:03 PM
Glad your all home now mate.

Riggy
15-07-09, 05:09 PM
lol cheers mate

Spudly
15-07-09, 05:18 PM
Glad to hear youre finally back dude, and i hope the boss aint too pissed at you, show them the link to this thread begging for help to prove youre not just paking the tiss lol

craig green
15-07-09, 05:31 PM
so had to extra nights , got to see the rifle range boys , and got in loads of **** of my boss lol , but nova is fime now , just been out for the last 2 hours and punished it , along with about £20 of fuel lol

Whatever the outcome, I was hoping you wouldnt hold it against the car! ;)

Almost the same scenario happened to me years back, CV failure, joined RAC, got refused recovery etc. Coonts! :roll:

depends on the bank account, i have always had full cover on my account, but then after speaking with riggy last night it appears i pay abit more for my account which would explain the difference in cover

My parents broke down 2 weeks ago en-route to taking my Mum to a hospital appointment, called AA, operator insisted they werent members & declined to help. As it happens, my folks do have cover via their bank account & my Mum raised all hell at the bank. Cue massive appology from AA & a book of vouchers etc in the post.

Glad youre home atlast though Riggy! I bet Billing was quickly losing it's appeal?

vx_tigger
15-07-09, 06:25 PM
Glad you are home, sorry we couldnt help when you asked (we were the ones you asked on monday morning when you were carrying a lovely pink towel!)

CP
15-07-09, 06:47 PM
:thumb: glad to be of help and good to hear the car is going ok now. At least the cv was an easy fix.:d

Riggy
15-07-09, 06:50 PM
Glad you are home, sorry we couldnt help when you asked (we were the ones you asked on monday morning when you were carrying a lovely pink towel!)

PMSL such a small world , but had to resort to asking all nova owners if they had spare shafts haha

Riggy
15-07-09, 06:51 PM
:thumb: glad to be of help and good to hear the car is going ok now. At least the cv was an easy fix.:d

again charles , cant say thanks enough times :thumb:

Joe Richardson
15-07-09, 07:02 PM
Glad you are home now mate:thumb:

Well done to all that helped aswell:)

Gashgusher
15-07-09, 07:32 PM
think i saw you kickin the car's head in, sounds like it deserved it. :thumb:

Riggy
15-07-09, 07:38 PM
think i saw you kickin the car's head in, sounds like it deserved it. :thumb:

haha well if it was m62/m60/a627 , rochdale/bury.heywood in general then it prob was being made to pay lol , it got ruined lol ,

Gashgusher
15-07-09, 07:44 PM
love hammerin it round there, from m62 down 627 onto stakehill round about, dodge the tesco wagons and try my hardest to get air off the bridge towards cardinal langley. never happens though :(

Spudly
15-07-09, 08:12 PM
it was being made to pay

Just as you would a bad dog, you take them out to teach them a lesson (novas that is) and to see if its gonna break while still on home turf lol

Adam
15-07-09, 08:20 PM
As said on the phone mate, glad to hear you got back eventually :)

Benn
15-07-09, 08:21 PM
Annoying i didnt know, we take all the tools to do a cv change as a just in case, must of been able to find a big block cv there...

John
15-07-09, 08:53 PM
Good to hear you're all back ok! Sorry i couldn't help you guys. Must have been scotts green frog that cursed it!

Jim
15-07-09, 09:59 PM
must of been able to find a big block cv there...You'll never find anything big block at Rifle Range Farm, lol. A trip to a motor factors in Milton Keynes was needed in order to get Riggy back home. He was fending us small blockers off with a stick whilst at the farm, lol. Never took his eye of the car as he knew a small block would have been in given half a chance, lol.

Was good to catch up again Riggy, although it was a shame it was under those circumstances.

Be warned: I will ROFLMAO if you've knackered that CV up after teaching your car a lesson ;)

Jim

Benn
16-07-09, 08:11 AM
There was a guy selling Cav turbo shafts in the jumble... They would have been perfect.

Stuart
16-07-09, 08:29 AM
but bennnnnnn, this all happened late sunday evening.... so most if not all of the autojumble folks would have gone by then

Lee H
16-07-09, 08:40 AM
Plus Carl runs 22 spline Nova shafts so the turbo inner CV wouldn't fit anyway.

scott.parker
16-07-09, 05:11 PM
Good to hear you're all back ok! Sorry i couldn't help you guys. Must have been scotts green frog that cursed it!

Hey don't blame Mr rolly eye's the frog, he was just hopping by and took a likening to his car!

lol funk knows where it came from, found it on the way over to speak to Carl, so sat him on the mirror, think Rexy placed him on the engine (even on some one els car once)

Spudly
16-07-09, 05:17 PM
think Rexy placed him on the engine

Nope, that t'wer me lol

Rexy
16-07-09, 07:14 PM
I robbed the frog from riggys engine and stuck him on Joff's

I then saw it on the sport, it got taken back off that Fixed again and then fed to Mikey moo the Staffycow. It got put on burgos wagon Ala VW style hangin from the towing eye cover and then thrown at burgo... No idea where it went after that.

Im glad mr riggy made it home ok, i didnt even know about you having problems until urmm well ten mins ago Pmsl. See novas suck you need a clio 172 :P

Glad your back home matey.. nice stressful few days huh.!

Spudly
16-07-09, 07:16 PM
Bloody hell he got about a bit after we left didnt he, the frog dude that is, someone shoulda kept him as a PNG mascot and he couldve toured the members engine bays through the shows lol

Rexy
16-07-09, 07:28 PM
Burgo.... your the last one with it, can you update up boyo?

John
16-07-09, 07:31 PM
Burgo.... your the last one with it, can you update up boyo?

Please don't tell me we've lost the frog. :(

Rexy, He Looked well on burgos, lol

Rexy
16-07-09, 07:34 PM
yeah man, he looked ace... But it would of lasted 2miles i reckon lol :( I did offer to swop it for a magic tree but he declined lol. No pleasing some people...

Riggy
16-07-09, 09:26 PM
lol burgo and his misses still had the frog when they left us on the monday lol , will be good to see it at all the shows lol

Spudly
16-07-09, 09:29 PM
Woooo, the engine loving frog dude lives on, yeeeeyyy lol

joff-turbo-nova
16-07-09, 09:39 PM
PNG the "reliable" emergency service. :thumb:
Good work to the guys involved. :thumb:

It didn't included breakdown in the £10 membership. Must have been in the smallprint. lol

Also includes covering Cav's broken down on the M1 after a blowout and a numpty putting a 19mm wheel nut on and then selling the car with just a 17mm wheel brace - Hendrix and Rob were so glad when I stopped and helped !

PNG Breakdown Services - because we've all been there lol lol

Joff

Spudly
16-07-09, 09:52 PM
PNG Breakdown Services - because we've all been there lol lol

And because were all so into the scene/good mates we will gladly stop to try and help:thumb:

burgo
16-07-09, 10:29 PM
i ent got the frog lol. probably within my tent or something lol

Spudly
16-07-09, 10:32 PM

Well you need to go and investigate then dude we need mr frog lol

John
16-07-09, 10:34 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Where is mr frog? :(

burgo
16-07-09, 10:41 PM
:( sorry i didnt realise it was so popular

John
16-07-09, 10:43 PM

Lol (not being too serious here) ;) :) .

Spudly
16-07-09, 10:57 PM

Please go look dude he has a fan club and everything lol

ade
17-07-09, 12:08 AM
Riggy! That explains why I saw you on the ramp off on the hard shoulder on the way back!

I couldnt work out who it was till I saw you jumping up and down in your sfront seat!

I pulled over at the next service station to see if I had you number but I didnt and my phone battery died on me!

Glad its all sorted matey - was thinking about it all the way home.

burgo
17-07-09, 12:21 AM
Please go look dude he has a fan club and everything lolhow about errrr no