PDA

View Full Version : 1.0L fuel problem

novanova636
13-07-09, 12:55 PM
Hi all, when i am cornering fast well as fast as she will go it starts to judder like it is getting no fuel. i assume it is because the fuel has moved to the other side of the tank to the pick up pipe. it happens even when i have half a tank of fuel in! just wondering if there is anything i can do to try and stop it? cheers dave

Ben
13-07-09, 01:08 PM
change the fuel filter, fill the tank to the top and try again see it still happens.

Sure your fuel guage is right, just as very few actually are in Nova's!

Leeboo
13-07-09, 01:57 PM
My 1200 sometimes gets starved of fuel when cornering fast, especially on back roads where the corners are tighter.

In fact it done it today with a full tank of petrol, so perhaps something to do with fuel shifting about in the carb. Just dies/splutters a lttle bit then goes on as normal

novanova636
13-07-09, 02:07 PM
guage is pretty good. like leeboo even a full tank it happens when heavy cornering. il try a new fuel filter. will that be the one in the engine bay?

jimbob-mcgrew
13-07-09, 02:53 PM
is it happening on long corners and roundabouts ? or every fast corner like ?

novanova636
13-07-09, 04:13 PM
mainly sharp corners and roundabouts

Guderian
14-07-09, 12:55 PM
Power down the ignition coil and crank the engine on the starter with the outlet hose from the fuel pump pointed into a small container. You should get strong bursts of petrol coming out.

If your fuel pressure is OK, do not exclude the possibility that you have beads of water rolling about in the bottom of the tank. They can find their way in if the vent hose in the wheelarch is perished (which most of them ARE by now.)