PDA

View Full Version : SR Sunvisors ?

vaughanmc
13-07-09, 12:03 PM
My Nova doesn't come with the sunvisors with the wee lights in them but I've got a pair of them from an SR and was just wondering if my car would have the connection so I could have a lights working on the sunvisors

Cheers, Vaughan :)

brainsnova
13-07-09, 12:37 PM
you can just wire them anyway but you would have to run another wire for a good earth or the visors would only light up when the interior light is on if you used the two connections on the interior light.

vaughanmc
13-07-09, 04:49 PM
I'll leave them without the lights for the time being - Got other stuff to concentrate on

Spudly
13-07-09, 09:05 PM
The loom for the lights has a piggyback spade terminal on it, unplug the power from interior light and it plugs into the visors loom then plugs back on, the earth you can use one of the mounting screws for the visors to earth it!

Easiest way to run them in is with a mountain bike gear cable, push the nipple end into the hole where the visor mounts in and push it through to the interior light hole (light out obviously) then the nipple will push firmly into the female connector on the light loom and just pull it gently through, repeat on the other side then connect it all up.

DO NOT, connect it to power before you pull the cable through (test it first obviously then disconnect) otherwise the cable will become live and earth to the car an become very hot very quickly, and yes this is experience speaking here, and it burns badly lol

mikey14sr
14-07-09, 01:05 PM
Vaughan, I have a sunvisor loom from an SRi sat here,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/strip-down/sunvisorloom.jpg

Catch me on msn later fella.